satnrose
Guide
There are quite a few books that don't look like anything special. Here's one:

Security Analysis

Message 1 of 1,978
latest reply
1,977 REPLIES 1,977

Re: A book that looks like nothing.

Keep an eye out for signatures, even in kids books. It can turn a nice $12 to $40 book:

into a pleasant $200+ surprise!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0811808327/sr=1-1/qid=1281984414/ref=olp_tab_collectible?ie=UTF8&coliid=&me=&qid=1281984414&sr=1-1&seller=&colid=&condition=collectible
Message 1801 of 1,978
latest reply

*bump*
Message 1802 of 1,978
latest reply

1975 Laser paperback Invasion, by Aaron Wolfe, a Dean Koontz pseudonym, can bring $30+.
Message 1803 of 1,978
latest reply

Dean Koontz's Deanna Dwyer paperbacks can fetch in the $100's. These title's include:
  • Children Of The Storm (Lancer)
  • Demon Child (Lancer)
  • Dance With The Devil (Magnum)
  • The Dark Of Summer (Lancer)
  • Legacy Of Terror (Lancer)
Message 1804 of 1,978
latest reply

Even though it appears this thread isn't updated as much anymore, here is another one that can be added:

Anatomy of a Fisherman/by Robert Travor 1978 PB

Sold for $50.00, several copies listed for over $100

Hmm, First Class or Priority International?
Message 1805 of 1,978
latest reply

This thread should really really be a sticky

I'm not even half way through the thread so far and there's just SO much helpful info

Thank you all

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 1806 of 1,978
latest reply

a modest looking book, in good condition at best,
just sold only copy on the river, $140
listed for 2 years.

ASIN: B00089U1QG
Hardcover: 263 pages
Publisher: Mohawk Press; 1st edition (1931)

Rape of glory: A romance of the Volga
by Lewton, Val

Condition: Used - Good
Comments:FIRST EDITION, FIRST PRINTING. DJ Missing. . edge wear, corner bumps, rubs at extremities, dings, a little shelf/handling soil, a little bug damage along front gutter. Ex-drugstore-library, shows paste and plate remnants inside covers. DJ flap pasted to front free endpaper, and stamp on same. Push to spine, couple pages show a little foxing. Otherwise text is clean, no writing.

------f-j------
Message 1807 of 1,978
latest reply

I picked up a copy of The Cherry Mine Disaster by F. P. Buck thinking it would be interesting reading and found a single copy offered on the river for $170 saying 1910 M.A. Donohue & Co.; Hardcover; Stated Third Edition; Illustrated w/ Photographs; On a Saturday morning in November of 1909, four hundred and eighty men went down into the mines as they had countless times before. But a fire erupted in the mineshaft that day and soon burned out of control. By nightfall, more than half the men would either be dead or trapped as officials sealed the mine in an attempt to contain the blaze. Miraculously, twenty men would emerge one week later, but not before the Cherry Mine disaster went down in history as the worst ever coal mine fire in the U.S.; Scarce Early Printing Published Shortly Following the Disaster; Text w/ Light Soiling and Tanning to Pages, Including Early Flower Designs Inside Front Cover; Weak Gutters Have Been SKillfully Reinforced w/ Transparent Archival Tape; Covers w/ Light to Moderate Shelfwear and Minor Fraying at Spine Ends; A Respectable Copy of This Scarce Title!!!
Message 1808 of 1,978
latest reply

Just about any vintage cocktail recipe book. Certain titles themselves are sought after, but most if they are old enough are worth selling.

Got $51 for this one today:

How to Serve 130 Drinks from a Stocked Bar or Cellarette, L. and R. Book Publishing, 1944. 32 pages.

Item # 140584594243

As a side note I got about $15 for the same title sold along with a different cocktail recipe book a few weeks ago. So prices of course fluctuate.
Message 1809 of 1,978
latest reply

iN THe circles in which I travel there is a lot of interest in spiritual warfare. It's a hot topic because many Christians believe that it is the end of the endtimes. Spiritual Warfare books always sell, and it seems the more unique they are the better.

Here's one that went for over 50.
Message 1810 of 1,978
latest reply

and yes... I should add that demons are a hot topic, too, and they are not just for Catholics any more.
Message 1811 of 1,978
latest reply

Janette Oke is over. Nobody checks her out of the library anymore. (I'm a librarian) I've had a nice Oke book sitting on the

River for months (over a year, I think) with no takers.

Message 1812 of 1,978
latest reply

I don't think I've posted this, but it's time to take Bald as I Wanna Be by Tony Kornheiser off the list.

Message 1813 of 1,978
latest reply

I'm not a book person per say, just the ebay person here at the store so I don't know if everybody already knows about this book ... We just sold a first and most likely only printing of the paperback: "Ha-Ha-Ha" by "D.B. Cooper" for $214.50. Published by Signum Books Ltd in 1983, it got 440+ hits, 87 watchers, 18 bidders and 52 bids. The boss is glad he spent the quarter on it. Yvette.

Message 1814 of 1,978
latest reply

Wow. Is this going to disappear?  First, it was always tacked to the top; then it was secured to the side - now is it just in dangerous limbo?

Maybe a non book seller should not bump, but I always enjoyed perusing this great thread.

Message 1815 of 1,978
latest reply