satnrose
Guide
There are quite a few books that don't look like anything special. Here's one:

Security Analysis

Message 1 of 1,978
latest reply
1,977 REPLIES 1,977

A book that looks like nothing.

Is there any market for misprinted books. I have a book titled "Holman super giant print Dictionary & Concordance of the Holy Bible." Inside the book is totally backwards. You open the front cover to the last page of the book and the lst page is inside the back cover. The title of the inside of the book is "The Holy Bible super giant print reerence bible King James Version Holman" Are there any buyers for misprinted books?
Message 931 of 1,978
latest reply

Hi,
Just found this group. I'm not listing yet. I'm not sure how I'm going to market my books. Question: Do any of you check froogle to price your books? First two book sellers I saw were asking almost $70 and almost $60. I find foogle is the best place to price out my collection. In fact, because of my search on froogle, I discovered that my Authorized Version of Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde is a "true first." I would never have known it otherwise. Just thought it was a reprint.
Message 932 of 1,978
latest reply

adelaismama
Enthusiast
what a great thread! i have really learned a lot.
i am getting into vintage and antique childrens books, this is my best find so far. a Tell-a-Tale book, The Good Night book.
paid 50 cents, and its sitting at $27.00 right now. That's nothing compaired to some of the ones that have been posted though 🙂
http://tinyurl.com/hyw7k
Message 933 of 1,978
latest reply

"How I found Freedom in an Unfree World" Harry Browne
Message 934 of 1,978
latest reply

"How I found Freedom in an Unfree World" brought in the last 30 days on Ebay ... $15.51 - $32.00

It would be helpful if people posted the prices with the title and then it was compiled to the list as well.
Message 935 of 1,978
latest reply

I just found your forum this week and amazed at all the knowledge that can be learned here.
I have a question, What do I do with the four boxes of books that I aquired from garage sales that have turned out to be nothing so to speek. They are old and in nice shape so I cringe at the thought of dumping them and goodwill could get overwelmed with me if I continue at this rate. I am hoping there is another outlet.
Thanks in advance for any responses. Marge
Message 936 of 1,978
latest reply

techno_ragamuffin
Enthusiast
Please keep your posts to the topic of specific book titles that you have found that are of some value. Other general questions such as what to do with other books may be posted to the main bookselling board.
Thank you!
Message 937 of 1,978
latest reply

Pacific Crest Trailway by Clinton C. Clarke, 1945 with 8 maps and 12 drawings laid-in. I just sold an ex-library copy for just over $100 :-D. A few weeks ago, a non-ex-library sold for over $200.
Message 938 of 1,978
latest reply

glar6
Enthusiast
Hi, I'm in the process of selling some of my books and have found everyone's threads very helpful! I don't post much but couldn't resist posting this here...I would think there must be some mistake but anyone with books about youth ministry might want to seriously consider putting them up 😄

item 150019456139

3 Youth ministry paperback books:
Low Cost No Cost Ideas for Youth Ministry
Boredom Busters
No Supplies Required

37 bids
Winning bid: $8100.00!!!
Message 939 of 1,978
latest reply

bjay425
Enthusiast
Lol. I know this site is supposed to be for listing "books that look like nothing", but I couldn't resist responding to the above. You know the old saying if it sounds too good to be true it usually isn't. The above listing also states the item will be given free to anyone who is a youth pastor and the winning bidder happens to be married to a minister (stated in her "About Me"). A nice gesture on the seller's part though.
Message 940 of 1,978
latest reply

I think that we can ignore the youth ministry books.

I also think that the two people involved have caused a lot of trouble for someone. Someone is going to have to pay the $160.00 ebay fees on the closing price, or the auction will have to be cancelled or something of the like.

Please don't add these books to our list. They are a waste of time, and space.
Message 941 of 1,978
latest reply

Hello, My contribution..Here are three to add to the list..Return With Honor by Col. George Day 1991. NOT the same book as the O'Grady book of same name. I have been selling items & books from a high profile test pilot's estate. Found this one the other day thinking MAYBE I could list it at $10. WOW! Col Day is the most highly decorated soldier since General MacArthur with 70 medals inc. Congressional Medal of Honor. 67 MONTHS POW in Nam. Must have been a small print run. Yesterday four were listed on internet sites between $400-$700!! Then last week picked up at local library two discards for 50 cents each. In beautiful condition as they were reference books ONLY & not allowed to be checked out. First title is Florida Bird Life 1932 listed at various sites for $28-$353. Next is Shrimps, Lobsters & Crabs of the Atlantic Coast Austin B. Williams author printed by Smithsonian Institution Press 1984. It is listed at various sites for $240 -$700!! Now my question is, of course, how much discount because they are ex-library?? I see ex-library all the time so know they will sell eventually. I am more than likely gonna list them on THE RIVER except for a one time try on eBay for the Colonel's book which I will list today. Thanks for the help & comments! Sandy
Message 942 of 1,978
latest reply

sarah_grace
Enthusiast
I bought this for $1.00 at a yard sale: NAVY BLUE : A Study Of Cadet Life Annapolis 1898 by Willis Boyd Allen, and it just sold the other night for $76.03 (Item number: 190017016563)!
Message 943 of 1,978
latest reply

zenfor
Enthusiast
A 108 year old book about US Cadet life at Annapolis doesn't look like something? RFLMAO
Message 944 of 1,978
latest reply

ZENFOR ... One man's treasure is another's trash. Not every one has an interest in the Navy as you and I apparently do.
ar8ussjason = USS Jason AR-8

5vol Leather DON QUIXOTE DE LA MANCHA 1797/1798 in Spanish (250010948396) looked like nothing to a bunch of book buyers at auction about 6 years ago, so I bought them for $35.00 ... and last November, a set simmular sold on e-bay for a buy-it-now price of $1100.00 and mine sold on the 28th of July for $1675.00 ... but one man's trash is another man's treasure.

1800s versions in English bring a nice price on E-bay as well.

On our list, CS Lewis' Prince Caspin is listed, but only is valuable in the earliest editions. That should be noted on the list. There are many like that on the list and those things should be noted to help us.
Message 945 of 1,978
latest reply