cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to tell which Beanie Babies are collectors

Hello,

How do you identify which Beanie Babies are collectors and of any value?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@ole_476574 

Most are selling in the $1.00 range - you can search the site and see.  Even the rarest lately don't go over $10.00.  The thrift stores are full of them for less than that. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Check eBay listings.  And by that, I mean look at the ones that have actually sold.

The local thrift store where I shop has bins of "stuffies" for sale.  The large ones are $2.  The mediums are $1.  And the small ones (most Beanies) are 50 cents and sometimes 3/$1.00.  Have bought some for a small child that I babysit.  Among them are some of those that are rumored to be worth thousands, like Princess Diana.  

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@ole_476574 

If you are asking which Beanie Babies are "collectible" or "collector's items," then the answer is NONE of them.

These were mass-produced in the tens of thousands (or hundreds of thousands) in a third-world country by poverty-stricken employees, and then promoted in the United States by a greedy and unscrupulous manufacturer, who publicized them as "instant collector items" to an unwary and ignorant public.

They have NO value.  They're not "rare."  They're tiny stuffed animals.

Nearly every day on eBay now, it seems that yet another Beanie Baby "investor" is attempting to dump their collection of stuffed toys -- but there is NO market for them:  the supply far exceeds the demand.

Real "collector's items" have a high degree of scarcity -- and there are NO scarce Beanie Babies.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I have multiple beanie babies that have other tag errors unique tag marks such as Jake. He has 409 red stamps on the inside of the tag. I have lots of ones with the TY tag having issues or errors. My grandmother provided this to me. I didn’t know anything about it but Essentially you look up rare baby she has all those more and then she has a separate pile with ones that have I guess errors which I am learning are an increasing factor to value rather than detrimental 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@benj9061 wrote:

I have multiple beanie babies that have other tag errors unique tag marks such as Jake. He has 409 red stamps on the inside of the tag. I have lots of ones with the TY tag having issues or errors. My grandmother provided this to me. I didn’t know anything about it but Essentially you look up rare baby she has all those more and then she has a separate pile with ones that have I guess errors which I am learning are an increasing factor to value rather than detrimental 

An error on a Beanie Babies tag isn't rare and doesn't make it more valuable.

I haven't seen one that didn't have errors.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Never does a day go by without a "Beanie Baby" thread....SMFH.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply