cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identifying a tag in Barbie dress. Joshard? or Mattel?

I purchased this dress as part of a lot at an auction that was selling items from Joshard personal collection his partner had given them. It was mixed in with vintage Barbie clothes in a box. The tag does not say Mattel but it does say reproduction. for the life of me after googling I cannot find this. Is it possible this is a Joshard dress? Was this the kind of tag he used in his items? Or is this a Mattel reproduction from an outfit? I don't know much about Joshard originals other than the photos they were displaying at the auction and some of the gorgeous dresses that were made they were selling.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Identifying a tag in Barbie dress. Joshard? or Mattel?

Thank you! I didn't even catch on that it was the reproduction of the wedding dress and was dyed! Duh me! I actually have another one in the box that is dyed blue. The tag threw me off as well because I didn't see Mattel on it.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Re: Identifying a tag in Barbie dress. Joshard? or Mattel?

I looked at that dress and thought it to be very familiar.......checked my repro wedding dress and concluded someone had dyed theirs.

Thank you for posting the link!!   I think it is beautiful!  Am i brave enough to try it on my dress? hmmmm

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 4 of 4
latest reply