cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doll Identification

I can't figure out if this is the right place for this but I hope someone out there can help get me to the right place or, in case this is the right place, help with this doll identification.  On the back it says it's a Spelling-Goldberg doll so I assume that means TV.  They are produced by Hasbro and certainly are not Charlie's Angels.  Does anyone out there know who they are?

IMG_1803.jpeg

IMG_1803 2.jpeg

  Can anyone identify these?  They are marked Spelling-Goldberg and made by Hasbro.  Production date is 1977.  Help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Doll Identification

The only Hasbro Spelling Goldberg dolls I'm aware of are a set of Charlie's Angels dolls made in 1977. Because these heads look rather out of proportion with the bodies, my best guess is a head swap. I have no clue who the heads are.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@baby_mae 

@kathiec 

The blonde head almost looks like a World of Love doll.  Plus, she does have eyelashes. 

https://plaidstallions.com/hasbro/love.html

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Nice sleuthing @shirleys809304. I agree the heads look very similar. But it would still have to be a head swap, as the Charlie's Angels dolls were the only Hasbro dolls also marked Spelling Goldberg.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Great suggestion @shirleys809304. First thing that came to my mind when I saw this was The Sunshine Fun Family dolls, as the bodies are so similar. Looks like you found similar dolls, although the Spelling name doesn't match. Perhaps it was a head swap....

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Definitely agree with head swap.  The bodies on OP's dolls are Spelling Goldberg, 1977 and I think the World of Love dolls came before that.   Plus, the heads don't seem to match up with the bodies.  I'm not sure who the brunette head is as she doesn't appear to have eye lashes.  Pretty sure the blonde head is World of Love...recognized her before doing the sleuthing just to be sure. 

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Both of these are 1970's Bonnie Breck dolls by Hasbro. Not much worth, used condition $10-$20

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply