cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seller wanting my email address for return label

I purchased an item and initiated a return. Ebay sent a message that seller had sent a return label, but I did not receive it.  I messaged seller who said I should sent them my direct email address formatted to avoid ebay filters - user name:  then email provider.  I am uncomfortable with this.  Advice?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: seller wanting my email address for return label

Tell the seller he can print the label to a jpeg file, then send you that in an eBay message.  You can then print the label.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@dixnduff     Is the seller located in a different country?  If so then they can not provide a return shipping label through the eBay system and would need your PayPal email address to send you the money to return the item.  Do NOT provide a user name they already have it on the eBay message.  You are allowed to share contact information after a recent sale.   

What you should do if the seller is not located in another country is try the print return label option on this page.    https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/returning-item/return-shipping?id=4066&st=12&pos=2&...

If it still will not print then contact eBay from the bottom of the page and ask them to email you a copy of the return label.  

To talk to an agent you may need to select I don't see my item and then type the word agent.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I was getting basically form letter emails from the vendor, so I eventually called ebay, and the rep said "in this case" it was okay to give the seller my email address.  I did that and he did send the label.  The whole thing is a little sketchy, and I am sorry I didn't follow my own rule of not dealing with anyone with less than 99% positive ratings.  His was 98.3, but his volume is huge and he had many negative and neutral feedback entries.  Live and learn.  I sent the return; let's hope he refunds the money.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for your response.  The seller is in the US, but I was not able to print the return label as indicated - maybe that option has changed since eBay moved payment inhouse?  Thanks for the tip about how to get an agent - that worked out.

I was getting basically form letter emails from the vendor, so I eventually called ebay, and the rep said "in this case" it was okay to give the seller my email address.  I did that and he did send the label.  The whole thing is a little sketchy, and I am sorry I didn't follow my own rule of not dealing with anyone with less than 99% positive ratings.  His was 98.3, but his volume is huge and he had many negative and neutral feedback entries.  Live and learn.  I sent the return; let's hope he refunds the money.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I'm glad you were able to get the label.  eBay will make sure that the refund gets issued no more than 2 business days after the tracking shows delivered.

Be sure to enter the new tracking # into your return so the system knows when it is delivered.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply