cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seller going to lose his job

Hello, I bought an item from China, it arrived, it was bad.  I contacted them they offered me $10.00 and to keep the item.  I paid $120.00 for the item.  I started a return  with Ebay,  now I get several emails a day from this company asking me to stop my return through ebay and they will refund my full amount.  Guy keeps telling me he will lose his job and is taking care of elderly people.  Is this **bleep**?  If I stop my return through Ebay and they don't refund my money, can I start another return through Ebay?  Should I just stick with Ebay and let them do their thing? 

Thanks for your advice.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: seller going to lose his job

Hi @davebodeen  Don't fall for it. If you cancel your refund case through eBay, the seller will NOT refund you. EBay then won't be able to force him to refund, and you will not be able to start another return request. Ignore his messages. EBay's got you covered.

tree*fern
Volunteer Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @davebodeen  Don't fall for it. If you cancel your refund case through eBay, the seller will NOT refund you. EBay then won't be able to force him to refund, and you will not be able to start another return request. Ignore his messages. EBay's got you covered.

tree*fern

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you,  I had a funny feeling that was the case. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@davebodeen  You're welcome!  Your instincts are right on. That will always be the case if any seller tries to convince you to avoid going through eBay for a return. EBay doesn't penalize sellers for returns if the seller refunds, so there's no harm to sellers for handling returns for refunds the right way. 

tree*fern

Message 4 of 4
latest reply