cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regulations for selling paintball guns (aka marker guns)

Hi - I need a little direction here.  My next door neighbor is not on Ebay so she wants me to sell her paintball guns for her.  I do see lots or rules on Ebay about "guns".  The only one that I am really familiar with is attaching a blaze orange tip to the end of the barrel.  No problem there.  What else should I need to know when listng ?  I will be selling from New York State.  Thank you in advance !!  fishladyd

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: regulations for selling paintball guns (aka marker guns)

Here is the full policy:
https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/airsoft-air-rifles-bb-guns-policy?id=...

Some highlights:

BB guns, pellet guns, airsoft, air rifles and air pistols may be sold as long as they follow these rules:
-- Follow all applicable laws
-- The gun is not greater than .25 caliber
-- The seller's eBay status is above standard or higher
-- The item is located in the US and only US shipping is offered
-- The item description contains the following disclaimer: "This listing complies with eBay's air gun policy and I will only ship air guns to buyers in jurisdictions where permitted to by applicable laws

Airsoft guns must have a blaze orange barrel plug permanently attached, and may not be converted to shoot any lethal projectile

EastLaneAve  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay member 26 years

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

thank you for your reply, guess I need to look up the definition of an "airsoft gun" next.  

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

thank you everyone for your help - my solution, I have decided not to list these !!  After questioning the owner, she hasn't used them in 8 years and I will not risk my reputation for selling items that I am not familiar with.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply