cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay allowing fakes to be authenticated

Why is eBay allowing so many fakes to be posted as Authentic when you can clearly see the fakes in their pictures? All the Calvin Klein Colognes are fakes if they’re spelled like so CALVIN KLEIN (all caps) Calvin Klein has never done such and there’s more ways to spot the fakes but I don’t wanna give the fakers any details to fix so and they never post full 360° photos  because the fonts and distances and even where it’s made is wrong. See Photos and this was purchased on eBay to prove my point 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: eBay allowing fakes to be authenticated

@jonfd24-7   eBay does not have access to the merchandise or way to check the millions of listings for issues like this.  That is why they have the eBay Money Back Guarantee.  

I just did a quick internet search and they did change logo's to all caps>>>

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/calvin-klein-logo-new-raf-simons

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Out of curiosity did you find anything where Calvin Klein themselves say they changed the logo ? And did they also change the “For Men” to all caps as well ? Also forgot to mention half these sellers yelling authentic don’t ever show more than the one stock photo of the merch’s box usually the front (I’m guessing cause they don’t want you to see the makers actually trademarks on the bottle etc”  changing their trademarked name seems awful sus, especially to go through all that just to make your brand name now look like the knockoffs 🤦‍♂️ 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@jonfd24-7   I provided a link that said that they did go to all caps..  If you do a google search for Calvin Klein logo change you'll see several articles.   

I am not saying that it was changed too for the colognes but it might have been.   This is what eBay has the Money Back Guarantee.  

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I too read those articles and wasn’t able to find anything directly from CK themselves and the reasoning behind me asking,  “have you seen a direct article from CK”  is because I spoke with CK and I sent them the photos previously posted. CK apologized for the fake and sent me a credit for the hassle. I’m completely aware of the authenticity guarantee but that only helps those who actually know the differences between the real & fakes. (We’re only talking CK colognes) I can’t imagine the number of people who’ve been unknowingly scammed like so 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@jonfd24-7.  I am glad that you are an informed buyer.      Colognes are not part of the Authenticity guarantee program where items are sent to authenticators before being sent to buyers.  

I appreciate that you are concerned about items for sale.  As I said before that's why ebay has the money back guarantee.   When you return an item it not only gets your money back it goes on the sellers record. 

I have given all the information I can about eBay's policies.       

Here's how to contact eBay customer service:

eBay agents are working from home so you have to request a call back or live chat.

1. CLICK THIS LINK: https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4191&st=10

2. Click Automated chat on the left hand side of the screen.    ( Trust me) 

3. Type AGENT in the small box on the lower right of the linked page then you will see the options to contact a live agent, you may have to answer the chat bots questions before it allows you to connect to an agent, this is so you are connected to the correct department.     If  the bot asks another question after you answered type AGENT  again.  Then you will see the option to request a call back or live chat.

If you are located outside of US or Canada then you will need to use the Chat option or Social Media

4. Or you can also contact customer service by sending a private message on social media. You leave a message and an eBay employee will get back to you as soon as possible. To speed things up you can leave your registered account information in the PRIVATE message: Full name, address, phone number, email address, user ID, and a brief explanation of your problem.

https://twitter.com/askebay
https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

Message 6 of 6
latest reply