cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is does ebay have that horrible auto pay rule now?

So today  made an offer  on an item I been wanting for a long time. But to my surprise when seller accepted offer my card was charge instantly. This dosent help me when I pay through paypal and do their pay in 4 plan. When did this thing started? Is there any way I can change that on My settings? I don't like it. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Why is does ebay have that horrible auto pay rule now?

The autopay on Offers was started about a year ago and has been slowly rolling out across buyers (Autopay on bidding has just started). One of my accounts has autopay and the other does not.  There should be a payment selection option (basically all the checkout details) at the time you place your offer.   I was able to click all the way through to PayPal to change my default PayPal payment method.  Since I don't use Pay-in-4, I don't know if that can be selected from that screen. 

eBay is aware of these pain points, including those of buyers who want to combine purchases and shipping.

Buying - autopay changesBuying - autopay changes

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Why ? Because sellers were having too many accepted offers that were not paid for. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@rock.star wrote:

Why ? Because sellers were having too many accepted offers that were not paid for. 

@rock.star 

Yes, sellers have buyers not paying for accepted offers, their item is removed from sale and they have to wait to cancel for non-payment and relist. Sellers have the option to turn it off if it does not work for their business model.

lisa5768
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 4
latest reply