cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund for defective item.

About a week ago I bought a NIB vintage bottle of perfume online on eBay.  When it arrived it was nothing but an  empty bottle discolored inside, containing nothing but a few tar-like drops. I contacted the seller and she wanted detailed pictures.  I took three such pix but the seller says she didn't received them.  Although the auction page says she does not accept returns, I would have no problem returning this item;  I just want my $126.48 back.  I got little or no help from the eBay chat assistant;I was stymied when I got to the page that said the seller does not accept returns. Whether she does no not is not my concern, but I do want a complete refund. Can someone out there please help me?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If you received an item that is not as described, you have up to 30 days to open a return using the option next to the transaction in your Purchase History (no matter what the seller's return policy is). The seller will have 3 business days to provide a prepaid return shipping label or else refund. If he does neither, go back to the case on day 4 and use the option to ask eBay to step in. They will force the refund.

Now...as to purchasing vintage perfume in the future... Do not expect the perfume to be usable. Though the range can be between 1-10 years, the average length of time perfume is OK to use is 3-5 years. So if you are buying vintage perfume, buy it because you want the bottle, not for the contents.

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You can open a Return Request. The seller's policy doesn't matter.

The reason could be "
Item is defective", or "Doesn't Match photos and description" if the item you got was not what was shown and described. Please review the listing.

You can open your return request here. Just click the photo and follow the instructions.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/return-item-refund?id=4041 

EastLaneAve  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay member 26 years

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

If you received an item that is not as described, you have up to 30 days to open a return using the option next to the transaction in your Purchase History (no matter what the seller's return policy is). The seller will have 3 business days to provide a prepaid return shipping label or else refund. If he does neither, go back to the case on day 4 and use the option to ask eBay to step in. They will force the refund.

Now...as to purchasing vintage perfume in the future... Do not expect the perfume to be usable. Though the range can be between 1-10 years, the average length of time perfume is OK to use is 3-5 years. So if you are buying vintage perfume, buy it because you want the bottle, not for the contents.

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Go to your purchase history and click return item and select, the item doesn't match the description as the reason.
The seller will have 3 days to accept the return and pay return shipping or refund without returning.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply