cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does eBay LIMIT the amount of sales a PAYING STORE OWNER CAN HAVE?

I have been selling on eBay since 1999 or 25 years. In April of 2016 my yearly sales went from $135K to $80K overnight. They have stayed at that level since but quickly going down more since 2022. So, I lost $55K in sales LITERALLY OVERNIGHT. I answered this financial hardship by more than tripling my inventory. This cause my sales to....apparently go down even more!! I have more than 1500 items listed worth more than $80K and in the past 5 days I have been given 5 sales. I have items listed in every category at  every price range. I am not item specific. Having sold for a 1/4 of a century on eBay I know when things are wrong....and they ARE VERY WRONG! I have receipts to prove that eBay is "LIMITING/THROTTLING" my sales. Oh, I am a Top Rated Plus Seller with 100% positive at this time with "NO LIMITS" except that even CS will tell you that all accounts have HIDDEN LIMITS which in my case includes a limitation on exactly how much money I can make. What kind of business model allows you less sales after tripling your inventory? Add the loss of income with the returns for any reason at my cost and you can imagine the financial devastation that has been brought upon me, my business and my family. I will end this with a simple request to eBay, "PLEASE JUST LET ME SELL". That's it, that' all I ask. I pay for a store on your site and you fail to allow me to sell. I would say that that is actionable.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Why does eBay LIMIT the amount of sales a PAYING STORE OWNER CAN HAVE?

@fastjag1   I am a tiny seller... but like many sellers have noticed a drop in sales.   Could be at least in part due to the poor economy and even increased competition.  

Also I think that promoted listings Advanced listings are getting more priority so other promoted listings are not getting the same traffic.  

Promoted Advanced is a cost per click campaign>  

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/promoted-listings-overview/promoted-listings-advanced?id=...

Not sure if you tried it, or have interest in it but thought I'd mention it.

I personally don't use it since am a small seller with low profit margin as it is.   I only use promoted standard on some listings so that I don't pay unless the item sells.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 2
latest reply