cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller overcharged for shipping

I bought an item that stated shipping was over $50. When I received it, I weighed it and calculated shipping based on size and weight of box and item. Actual shipping would be about $14 using USPS Ground Advantage. Am I entitled to an overcharge refund?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Seller overcharged for shipping

@highclassglasscom 

Did the arrive in good condition?

It looks like you calculated the postage costs. That came to ~$14. 
The remainder of the $50, that you agreed to when you bid/bought, is the time and materials it took to package that item. 
If it was a fragile item. I can see why the seller priced shipping & handling the way they did. 

This is not what you want to hear: you agreed to pay the item price and shipping as stated in the listing. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Hi @highclassglasscom 

eBay doesn't consider a buyer being 'overcharged' if they paid the shipping that was shown in the listing ... AND the item was shipped by the method stated in the listing.

Shipping always includes handling charges ... which can vary from seller to seller.  Sellers aren't expected to charge exact shipping.  Buyers need to consider the TOTAL cost of the transaction before deciding which item to purchase.  [Some items listed with 'Free Shipping' could be more expensive.]

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

No, the shipping was shown and you agreed to the price before buying, so you were not over charged.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I asked several times for the item weight. He never provided it.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@highclassglasscom wrote:

I asked several times for the item weight. He never provided it.

The seller was not obligated to provide that information. When you purchased the item you agreed to the seller's shipping charges.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Did the shipping on the listing show Priority, perhaps?

Since you calculated the shipping using Ground Advantage, did the shipping label show a big    G    in the corner?  What was the weight shown on the label?

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 7 of 7
latest reply