cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning an item when the seller doesn't accept returns

I received my money back from eBay because the item wasn't new but was sold as new.   I visited 4 different shippers to get estimates of return shipping costs to find the cheapest way to return the item.   Then I contacted the seller to advise them of the 4 estimates.  The seller is supposed to pay the return shipping costs and I am not going to return the item until the seller puts the cost of shipping into my PayPal account.  It has been over a month now and the seller won't respond to my emails and I am still carrying the item in the trunk of my car.   How long do I have to wait for the seller before I can just do whatever I want with the item?

View Entire Topic

@je32207 wrote:

I received my money back from eBay because the item wasn't new but was sold as new.   I visited 4 different shippers to get estimates of return shipping costs to find the cheapest way to return the item.   Then I contacted the seller to advise them of the 4 estimates.  The seller is supposed to pay the return shipping costs and I am not going to return the item until the seller puts the cost of shipping into my PayPal account.  It has been over a month now and the seller won't respond to my emails and I am still carrying the item in the trunk of my car.   How long do I have to wait for the seller before I can just do whatever I want with the item?

If eBay refunded you, than the case is closed.  If the case is closed than you are not required to return the item.  If you feel like you want to return the item, send it back with tracking and insurance; but, do not expect to get shipping back if the case is closed.