cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeat Account Restrictions; Customer Service quoting non-existent medical device policy

Policy Violation.pngI'm not new to selling (20+ years), but lately, I seem to keep getting my account restricted due to listings violating the Medical Devices Policy... when I contact customer service to explain how the items don't violate the policy in any way, they become evasive and are unable to explain which specific part of the policy was in violation. Today, the eBay customer service chat employee went so far as to say that even though the items didn't violate the policy, they aren't allowed because they "require professional training" for proper use. I repeatedly pressed that since this isn't the official policy, my account should not be restricted. 

How do I elevate and/or appeal these recurring and unfair account restrictions?

I've always been polite, but customer service has gone from being ignorant, to dishonest and stubborn. 

I've posted a more in-depth account of my dilemma in another forum here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Account-restricted-Medical-Devices-Policy-eBay-customer-servic...

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Repeat Account Restrictions; Customer Service quoting non-existent medical device policy

UPDATE: so, after talking to some eBay buddies and talking to an eBay customer support HUMAN on the phone, I was able to get clarification / confirmation that my listings were NOT violating the Medical Devices Policy. The problem is that eBay is now using "automation and artificial intelligence" to make these violation determinations... so, it's probably certain keywords, or even just instrument pictures that are similar to banned items. eBay customer support will not tell you exactly what triggered the false violation. The other bad news is that they don't have the ability to reinstate the listings or end my 72hr account restriction. The only good news is that I was told I can relist the items after my restriction ends (advice was to find a similar listing from another seller and to copy their template by using the "sell one like this" button).

SUMMARY: eBay's AI Bots will remove your legitimate listings, your account will receive multiple bogus policy violations, and you'll be forced to endure penalizing account restrictions with no recourse or ability to appeal.

Screenshot_20240201-112034.png

Message 2 of 2
latest reply