cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay withholding funds due to package not arriving after only 4 days

Buyer purchased item on 5/16/21, Priority package was delivered to USPS on Monday 5/17/21 with acceptance scan showing for that day. The next scan was more than 2 days later 40 miles from the office I delivered it to. Day 4 or Friday customer opens a request, Package not received, and enters comments they received only part of the purchase and not the complete package. I contact the customer to only verify what is in Ebay tracking system, package is still in transit but honestly, still only showing Thursday's early AM scan in the city 40 miles from where I dropped it off. Not sure why customer put in the request they received only part of the purchased item. That comment had me more concerned over anything else.

The above comments are not my gripe, I have no issue with customer, my complaint is with Ebay. On day 4 of package in transit, I receive the first request for package not delivered and contact the customer, later during the day, Ebay sent a 2nd request stating the withholding of the entire purchase from my funds. This is 96 hours after dropping off a package sold to a city 750 miles away.  I understand the automated Ebay response to the customer request but this is another weak link in the Ebay support of its Sellers. The package is now shown in tracking system to be Out for Delivery by USPS on day 5 of transit. I have kept the customer informed of the scanned updates and my final note to them was to go into the system and acknowledge package was received so I could receive my funds. 

It appears Ebay is moving further away from easy contact with a human on their end but I have my above written complaint started with them. Has anyone else experience this lack of reasonable patience programmed into the Ebay automated handling of situations?

View Entire Topic

Maybe the buyer is confusing your package with a different purchase they made, did u ask them?

You can contact eBay via social media with a private message:

https://Facebook.com/ebay

AND-OR

https://Twitter.com/askebay

AND-OR

click on the 'help & contact’ button located at the top and bottom of ebay pages to chat or receive a call back.

depending on how busy they are will depend on length of time for your call back.

My experience with the eBay customer service via  Twitter method has been outstanding