cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment options

I haven’t sold in a long time.  What are payment options for buyers?

Can I limit sales to PayPal?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Payment options

These are the payment options for buyers:

inceptions_0-1682803124900.png

Sellers can receive the buyers' payments only through eBay Managed Payments. You'll need to provide your checking account #, SSN, and possibly other documents for verification so that you can receive your payouts.

Here's a link that provides some help articles:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/introducing-managed-payments-ebay?id=4795

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

No, the seller doesn’t know, care or control how the buyer pays.  You will be paid through managed payments making deposits to your checking account, eBay and their payment processor set the buyers’ payment methods.

Most items you will see PayPal, all major credit cards, Apple Pay and Google pay as payment options, although there are some items where all options can not be offered.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

But I don't know how to receive payments through Apple or Google Pay.  Where do I list my checking account info?  All sales in the past went through PayPal.  I see they can still be used for eBay sales through July, 2023.

Another answer I received said I'll have to provide checking account number, SSN and possible other personal info depending on the item.  Do you agree with this response?

I don't feel comfortable providing eBay with lots of my personal information.

Thanks for your response.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

EBay receives the payments from PayPal or Gpay or what ever then they deposit it in to your checking account. You will need to give eBay the information they ask for or you will not be paid and therefore cannot sell.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

OK thanks for your reply.  I'm being told I'll have to provide checking account number for sure and possibly SSN and other info depending on item sold.  I don't feel comfortable providing my personal info to eBay or anyone else.

It was easier when we had a credit card on PayPal and all payments went there.  PayPal is still accepted through 7/23 I just read.

I have an item that I see could sell for hundreds of dollars per other listings for same item but I don't want to provide my personal financial info to eBay.

I guess I'll just donate it.  Let someone else sell it and make some money.  I appreciate your quick response!

Have a great day!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@bookworm1028 

In order to sell on Ebay you will have to provide your banking information so that Ebay can deposit the money from your sales into your bank account.

They will also require you social security number for 2 reasons:

• You are doing something that is reportable to the IRS or your state’s tax department; and/or
  • You are engaged in a financial transaction that is subject to the Customer Identification Program. This is a provision of the USA Patriot Act which requires financial institutions to verify your identity.

>>I don't feel comfortable providing my personal info to eBay or anyone else.<<

Every time you pay someone from your bank account, you provide them with your banking information, such as paying your credit card bill or utility bills.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@bookworm1028 wrote:

But I don't know how to receive payments through Apple or Google Pay.  Where do I list my checking account info?  All sales in the past went through PayPal.  I see they can still be used for eBay sales through July, 2023.

Another answer I received said I'll have to provide checking account number, SSN and possible other personal info depending on the item.  Do you agree with this response?

I don't feel comfortable providing eBay with lots of my personal information.

Thanks for your response.

You don’t receive payments from anyone other than eBay.  As already described, your only option is to provide your checking account and tax ID info.  If you are not comfortable doing that, then do not list anything for sale as you will not get paid.

If you are willing to provide the required data, eBay will ask for after you start your first listing.  You enter the beginning info, then they will stop you and ask you to set up your payment account, saving your listing info as a draft.

eBay has an agreement to accept buyer payments through PayPal through 7/23, not pay sellers that way.  There are no options on how to get paid.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply