cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My item was removed

My posting 161711895015 - Ticket redeemable for the donation of my kidney. was removed due to 'sell of human organs.' The National Organ Transplant Act prohibits the sell of organs. My posting was for a ticket redeemable for the DONATION of 1 kidney. I was not selling the kidney. I'm simply donating a kidney to an individual that purchases the ticket. Seems as though Ebay doesn't understand their own rules. THey state, " Listings for humans, human bodies, human body parts, or bodily waste, or human byproducts aren't allowed on eBay." I feel as though my posting should be allowed on Ebay. 

View Entire Topic

I'm sorry, but it doesn't matter that you feel your listing should be allowed.  The policy is very specific.  The kidney would be a "giveaway in connection with another item listed on eBay" - meaning your "ticket."

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/remains.html

Not allowed

Not allowed

Examples of prohibited items include, but are not limited to:

• Native American grave-related items, including skulls and skeletons intended for medical research

• Tibetan prayer skulls

• organs

• bones

• blood

• waste products

• body fluids

• sperm

• eggs

• any of these items included as a gift, prize or giveaway in connection with another item listed on eBay

You can't sell any of these items even if you state they are intended for medical research.