cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bought a counterfeit Shimano chain. Seeking advice.

I bought this $45.00 bicycle chain and, during installation, noticed product discrepancies.  I examined it more closely and determined, without a doubt, it is counterfeit.

I started an eBay return and selected "I don't like it."  In the comment box, I listed three fake characteristics of the chain.

Shortly thereafter I received a return label from eBay.  I printed the label and attached it to the return package.

I have not yet mailed it.

This morning I received an email from the seller.  It looks like it came through eBay channels.  The seller offered me $5.00 and said I could keep the chain.  Message copied and pasted below.

Hello
Thank you for your purchase. We take the goods directly from the original factory. We asked the manufacturer, but they haven't got back to us yet.

Returning a product is a hassle for both of us, and parcels are susceptible to damage during returns shipping. If you are willing to keep the product for use or give it to relatives and friends, we can provide you with 5USD compensation. This saves you time on returns, what do you think?

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions,we will try our best to help you.
Have a nice day!

I responded that I require a full refund and clearly stated the chain is counterfeit.  I have not yet mailed the chain.

So that is where it stands as of this morning.  Do you recommend I do anything other than go ahead and return the chain?

Thanks,

Terry Ryan

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: I bought a counterfeit Shimano chain. Seeking advice.

Return the item.  Get your money back.  Make sure the clerk scans the label.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@terryg1945 

Go ahead and the return the chain so you can get your full refund.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Return the item.  Get your money back.  Make sure the clerk scans the label.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 3 of 3
latest reply