cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I send eBay an email?

We are having horrible problems with the postal service in my area (Richmond, Va area) - we're rated the worst in the country.  I had an order, which I shipped on 3/2/24.  It has still never arrived, so customer cancelled, which I totally understand.  The local PO told me that my only recourse at this point is to do a package intercept to have the package returned to me other than eventually go to the buyer.  I tried to do that, only to learn that I first have to pay USPS another $17.50 to have the package returned to me.  I'm hoping that eBay can intervene for me since they give the PO so much business and charged me for the original postage.  I can't find any way to reach out to them for help.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@leskes1 

Sorry, but Ebay cannot intervene with your issues with USPS.

Can't you send the buyer a prepaid return shipping label so they can return the item to you when they receive it?

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Of course I could do that.  But it means I paid for shipping to her, then have to pay return shipping back to me, without even being able to sell the item.  eBay paid the postage, then charged me for it.  They should be able to intervene to help in this case.

I guess my alternative is just to indefinitely pause all of my listings.  I'm not willing to chance this happening again.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@leskes1 

I understand about not wanting to pay extra, but none of this is Ebay's fault so they cannot intervene on your behalf.

You only options are either do the intercept or wait until the buyer receives it and pay for the return shipping label to TRY to get the buyer to return it (they are not required to return the item if they have already been refunded).

*lady*madonna*

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Well, this will have cost me over $34 out of pocket, and I don't even have my merchandise.  I think I'll just pause my eBay listings and stick with Marketplace going forward.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@leskes1 wrote:

Well, this will have cost me over $34 out of pocket, and I don't even have my merchandise.  I think I'll just pause my eBay listings and stick with Marketplace going forward.

@leskes1 

Has stated none of this was eBay's fault.

*lady*madonna*

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I totally understand that it was not eBay's problem, and no where did I blame them.  I was just hoping for some help from them since they are the ones that purchased the postage from the PO.  I purchased it from eBAy, so can't show a receipt for my purchase.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@leskes1 

YOU are the one that purchased the shipping label through the Ebay website. You can verify that by determing that the payment came from YOUR funding source. 

*lady*madonna*

Message 8 of 8
latest reply