cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent seller

I was recently the victim of fraud for the amount of $64.65 and am not sure how to proceed as the seller will not communicate with me and I cannot open a request here since I already have with Paypal (which was denied because the shipping label says it was delivered to my mailbox – which it was not).

When looking through the seller’s feedback profile I discovered that they create a fake shipping label which says the item was delivered in the mailbox but is not. Several sellers have been victim of this same scam as evidenced by the negative feedback in their profile and I cannot believe they are freely allowed to continue doing this to people.

Again, because I paid with Paypal and attempted to file a claim with them which was denied, I am unable to open a request here. Any way I try to ask for help/report the item as not arrived I am not allowed to proceed as “You can’t open a request for this item.” I can’t find any other way of contacting anyone and have no idea where to go from here. Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Fraudulent seller

@matocante 

< Can anyone help >    

You apparently fell victim to the false tracking scam.  Your third recourse is to request a chargeback at the customer service department of the credit card that you funded the payment with.

< I cannot believe they are freely allowed to continue doing this to people >    

What I can't believe is that you saw that feedback, yet went ahead and made a purchase from this seller. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Fraudulent seller

They had a lot of feedback and I only saw the negative ones after being scammed. Believe me, it has happened to several people.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Fraudulent seller

@matocante 

When you turned to Paypal for help, you forfeited your Ebay Money Back Guarantee.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Fraudulent seller

Yes, I found that out.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply