cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time seller, completed sale, need help re: Payment

Hello Everyone,

I have a question. I sold a pair of handmade Swiss shoes, contacted the buyer telling them I would coordinate I with them. They respond saying that they have made the payment via credit card and that the paymenet would be pending until the item is shipped and delivered to them. In MyeBay it says I have received payment, but then when I go to print the shipping labels I receive the following message from eBay at the top of the page: 

Your buyer has not paid for this item yet.

To help make this transaction go smoothly, we recommend that you wait for the buyer to pay before printing the shipping label.

Should I pass this message along to the buyer?

Also, when I listed this item I indicated that shipping had to be paid for by the buyer, yet I have to pay postage cost and it states "Total shipping cost paid by buyer - Free" right above the Order Total. Why is this?

Thank you inadvance for your help.

View Entire Topic

@paulesev wrote:

Hello Everyone,

...They respond saying that they have made the payment via credit card and that the paymenet would be pending until the item is shipped and delivered to them. 

STOP -- THAT IS A SCAM!

That is not how the hold works for new sellers - Paypal will deposit the money into your account, you just won't be able to withdraw or spend it until the item has been delivered to the buyer - like depositing a check into your bank account.

If you have been paid, then the payment will show in your PayPal account, and PayPal will tell you when it's time to ship - open the transaction details page, and it will tell you "OK to ship" when it's time.

@paulesev wrote:

Hello Everyone,

... In MyeBay it says I have received payment, but then when I go to print the shipping labels I receive the following message from eBay at the top of the page: 

Your buyer has not paid for this item yet.

To help make this transaction go smoothly, we recommend that you wait for the buyer to pay before printing the shipping label.

Also, when I listed this item I indicated that shipping had to be paid for by the buyer, yet I have to pay postage cost and it states "Total shipping cost paid by buyer - Free" right above the Order Total. Why is this?

These are more indications that your buyer has not paid yet. (The last one just means that the buyer hasn't paid anything for shipping because they haven't paid anything at all.)

Because they tried to cheat you and trick you into shipping when they haven't paid, you know that they are not going to pay you.

Open an eBay unpaid item case as soon as you can. You will be able to close it after 4 days when they don't pay. Then you will get your Final Value Fees credited back to your account, and you can relist.

Make sure that you set your buyer blocks to help prevent this from happening again. Requiring a PayPal account will stop most scam and sport bidders, and if you are using a fixed price format, then you can require immediate payment so the listing doesn't end until the item has been paid for.

I took a look at the little information that we can see for a masked bidder -- they are only bidding on high ticket items, iphones, engagement rings, expensive shoes. Nobody needs that many iphones. They are targeting new sellers of expensive items, in order to cheat them.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidderProfile&mode=1&item=261981973764&aid=d***p&eu=&bidt...