cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback and rating

Guys I have seen in many articles and YouTube videos that we got to build our rating in order to build the sales in eBay but I do not know why am I not getting feedbacks?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Feedback and rating

Hi @allinonestoreuk 

First, you are located in the UK, this happens to be the US Community. 

Here is a link to eBay UK ... use the Help link there to post your question.  Electronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles & More | eBay

Now, you have to sell things before anyone can leave you Feedback and if this is your Selling ID your count is (0).  Do NOT ask for Feedback, do not put little notes in packages asking for it.  You need to delivery what you are selling safely to the Buyer, if they are pleased with their purchase, the package they received, etc. (meaning they know you care) then you stand a good chance of getting Feedback.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for the reply Mr Lincoln, can’t we send a thank you note and ask for a feedback like for example with the quote ‘if you love it share with others if not let us know personally we will resolve “

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Hi @allinonestoreuk 

It's a good idea to buy some items before you jump into selling so that you at least understand how eBay works from a buyer perspective and earn some feedback as a buyer to show that you have some experience. Many buyers will not buy from a seller with zero feedback.

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@allinonestoreuk wrote:

Thanks for the reply Mr Lincoln, can’t we send a thank you note and ask for a feedback like for example with the quote ‘if you love it share with others if not let us know personally we will resolve “

@allinonestoreuk 

You are more than welcome.  Let's start this reply with the fact that you are not selling Feedback.

You can certainly do what you want.  The amount of FB you receive over time will be influenced by the Buyers that buy in your categories.  I have been selling for 9 years, I leave FB for my customers the day the item ships, then it's done and I don't have to deal with it later.

Buyer FB for me has CONSISTENTLY been between 50%-60%.  I do NOT ask for it, I do NOT include statements on my listings about it like some sellers do, I do NOT put little notes in packages asking for it.  I let it happen or not naturally.  

I've gotten a few notes in packages from Sellers over the years asking for it, to me that rather tacky and they sound like they are begging.  Not good.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks Mr L

Message 6 of 6
latest reply