cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Every login shows page w ebay ad. If you do not wish to see promotional and pages and educational pa

Hi, Everytime I logon into I get this eBay for business ad page. Says "Stay in the know with eBay for business text alerts" and a picture of a guy on the phone. Also says at the bottom says "If you do not wish to see promotional and educational pages like this, change your Notification Preferences."

I have gone threw the advertising settings tab under my accont settings then communications checked everything too. Seems this is a semi common issue. I am running a Windows 7 laptop with no ad blocker and current Firefox. Nothing seems to be greyed out or missing. I see no promo and education settings ect.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Every login shows page w ebay ad. If you do not wish to see promotional and pages and educationa

That page might be the result of the particular sign-in link you are using.

Try signing in with a different link, or bookmarking a different page to use to reach eBay. You may be able to avoid that page altogether.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Every login shows page w ebay ad. If you do not wish to see promotional and pages and educationa

That page might be the result of the particular sign-in link you are using.

Try signing in with a different link, or bookmarking a different page to use to reach eBay. You may be able to avoid that page altogether.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I go to ebay.com and sign into my eBay or eBay. Comes up randomly. Less now. Iaccidnetly picked your answer as best but that didinm't help.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I think you can "unchoose" the solution by using an option in the menu by clicking on the downward pointing arrow in the upper right corner of that solution post.

eBay sometimes includes a promotional ad when users sign in -- another recent ad had a picture of someone on a bicycle, I believe -- and it appears that the link to prevent such pages from appearing does not actually work, at least as far as I can tell.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply