cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Standard Envelope

The price to ship on sportcard in a toploader is 60 cents. My local post office is trying to tell me I need to add a nonmachineable to every envelope. I have not been doing this. Do I need to consider this.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Ebay Standard Envelope

If your envelope is bumpy or stiff, then it won't be machinable. If it is non-machinable, eBay's special tracking code won't get scanned.  eBay's envelope code can only be scanned by the high-speed sorting machinery.

Below is how the PO culls and faces machinable envelopes and underneath is the high-speed routing equipment:

Postal SortingPostal Sorting

Below is an example of how to set up and position items in an eBay Envelope for the best ride through a USPS hub. A top loader shouldn't be any worse than the coins in the example, although they do vary some. The soft folder stock helps smooth out the bumps so there is no jamming, and by placing the bumps away from the leading edge of the envelope, it is less likely to jam on those flippers and race-track corners in the image above:

Shipping - eBay standard envelopeShipping - eBay standard envelope

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply