cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Returns - Listing indicates returns but description states otherwise

I have Returns Accepted (buyer pays shipping) specified in my listings that have items that are new-in-box. However, in my descriptions, I indicate that returns will not be accepted for reasons such as buyer's remorse, changed mind, etc.

Which trumps which? I have a very specific case where a buyer bought an item that was new and sealed. They indicated that they want to return the item because they "changed their mind".

Buyers then want to start a return and it is automatically granted by eBay.

Can anything be done about this? Why does eBay allow for sellers to behave in this fashion about purchases at the expense of sellers? It is a huge inconvenience and actually does cost me a little money.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Ebay Returns - Listing indicates returns but description states otherwise

If your listing says Returns Accepted, then returns are accepted for any reason. It does not matter what you say in the description. If the buyer said "changed their mind", then the buyer pays for return shipping and you are not required to refund the original shipping charge either. In that case, your monetary loss should end up being 30 cents. Of course there is the hassle cost involved, but that's just another cost of doing business.

ALWAYS be honest and exceedingly FAIR!

The Volunteer eBay Community Mentor formerly known as juanmogamer
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Your return policy accepts any return.

Your extra words in your description regarding returns do not mean anything.

So your "accepts returns" policy trumps your contradicting description.

Ebay's money back guarantee trumps any sellers return policy if the right reason is selected from the buyer.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Both answers are great. Thanks! I was afraid of what I already knew. Another area where sellers get the short end of the stick. I will update my listings accordingly. Thanks again!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply