cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offer In Message Box Won't Process

I obtained a message in my Ebay "Inbox" which appears to be an offer in my "messages" inbox, however, when I go to respond to it to let the buyer know the item is still available, I obtain an error message that says "...ooops something went wrong, try again later..." and won't respond to message offer?  The prospective buyer has also left his email, which I won't respond to as it circumvents the Ebay email policy and process... does anyone know what this error message implies?

Thanks...

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Is the user's account still registered?

If the user is sending messages with email addresses against policy, eBay may have suspended the user's account.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Ahhhhhh!!!!  Thank you!  Considered this, but thought sellers emails were hidden from other potential buyers / users?  Still don't understand why the need exist to circumvent the Ebay process and procedures...?

Thanks Again, guess this isn't a potential buyer after all!!!!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Still don't understand why the need exist to circumvent the Ebay process and procedures...?

Getting the seller to bypass eBay's process is often the first step in a scam. Getting the seller to respond via text or email lets the scammer send a phony payment message to try to convince the seller to ship without any payment being received. eBay cannot protect the seller when the transaction does not take place through eBay's checkout payment process.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply