cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay International Shipping Restricting Items

I recently purchased a new old stock vintage kerosene heater from UK, with ebay international shipping to the US. I was then sent an email from the international shipping center that the item was classified as restricted, it would not be returned to the seller, I would not get the item, and I would be refunded. The refund is fine and all, but I wanted the item I actually purchased. 

I contacted support, talked to a nice guy named Nick, who told me that all he could see what that it was restricted because it was listed as "combustible". How is a new kerosene heater, never filled with kerosene, combustible? I asked several times for contact info at the global/international shipping, but was never given anything. I even asked for a list of restricted items, and he said he couldn't find one. How are buyers and sellers supposed to know what is restricted and what is not? It is not like I bought a can of kerosene to go with the heater, nor did I buy weapons or ammunition. 

Does anybody know of a contact I can get in touch with at the international program to see if I can remedy this? Or is my item already taken by one of the workers who deemed it "restricted"? I have actually ordered used kerosene heaters and lamps before (no kerosene in them obviously) through the ebay global program without problems. 

Thanks in advance for any help from the more experienced buyers/sellers using the international shipping. 

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0