cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Contact Or Buy From Seller

I am trying to buy something from a seller, and unfortunately when I place my offer I am greeted by this popup:

Popup Preview

I would ask the seller, but unfortunately I cannot contact the seller either.  I am greeted with the following message:
"We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, this seller is not able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing."

I have never contacted or made a purchase from this seller, nor have I received any notice of being blocked.  The items claim to ship to my address.

What's going on?

View Entire Topic

For some reason, this seller has blocked you from buying from them.  

It could be a valid reason or no reason at all, and no, they do not have to disclose this to you.

The majority of sellers have automatic conditions set up for who they want to sell to - it could be that you have 2 or more unpaid item strikes against your account (or someone who has used your computer or internet service has 2 or more strikes).  It could be that you reside in an area to which the seller does not ship. It could be that perhaps you use a POB as your ship to location. 

It could be personal reasons by which you were manually added to their BBL, such as too many bid retractions (although in your case, I don't see any)... it could be just gossip from one seller to another - once you get blocked for any reason, many friends will spread your name to their friends who will block you as a precaution (have you been a problem or a picky buyer in the past?  Made what may be perceived as unreasonable demands or high expectations of another seller? Have you left negative or neutral feedback comments about an item or seller? Have you made a lowball offer to anyone? 

Any of these can be taken as a valid reason. Sometimes there are no valid reasons - you just might be wearing an orange shirt today and they don't like orange (even if they can't see you, they can guess)... either way, valid or not... it really is a moot point.... if they don't want your business or your money... just move on, forgetabout 'em, and find another seller who might welcome you.

Good luck.

PS>>> Yes, a seller can block incoming emails from anyone - especially those on their blocked list.  (A seller has available 5000 names to include on their blocked list. And there is an option to block those on that list from communicating with them under the settings tab.)