cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer never returns item AND GETS REFUND!

Hoping someone can shed some light on this…. I’m enraged to say the least. I’m a seasoned seller and buyer  (17yrs with ebay). Almost 2 months ago I sell a piece of gold and diamond jewelry. No questions ever asked by buyer before purchase….(my listing was detailed). They then claim that it’s not the authentic designer piece as listed. They want to return, I accept. Label is sent for postage but I NEVER RECEIVE THE ITEM and I ask the buyer to send tracking but they never respond! eBay closes the case in my favor. NOW AFTER ALMOST 2 MONTHS EBay claims that the buyers bank institution has filed a case and the money for the item is charged to my account (my credit card linked to EBay!) SO HERE I AM WITHOUT THR RETURN AND PRICE OF JEWELRY CHARGED TO ME! Buyer has never returned piece (EBay label for shipping was never used)!!!! ADD INSULT TO INJURY FOR ME!! 
THIS IS TOTAL FRAUD AND I GET NO PROTECTION AS A SELLER ON EBAY! UNBELIEVABLE TO SAY THE LEAST!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buyer never returns item AND GETS REFUND!

@lfm72 

Unfortunately, Ebay has no say in the decision by the financial institution to refund the buyer.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@lfm72 

Unfortunately, Ebay has no say in the decision by the financial institution to refund the buyer.

*lady*madonna*

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for your response…OMG so you mean there’s no Protection whatsoever for an honest seller??! So they will allow me to get screwed twice over by not only losing my item but also being charged for it!! Thr dishonest buyer wins twice over!!!

I’ve now contacted my credit card company and opened a dispute. I’ve got all proof to show the sequence of events…… I’m so determined to get to the bottom of this. It’s just pure fraud what’s happening! I’m beyond disgusted 🤬

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I am really sorry this happened to you. Ebay offers seller protection, as you found out when they ruled in your favor, but financial institutions are so desperate to keep their customers they provide refunds even when not deserved and Ebay has no authority to override that.

Hope you can find some resolution with your credit card company. Good luck.

*lady*madonna*

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you. I’ve disputed the charge and you won’t believe this but 2dats ago the buyers financial institution charged me the same amount a second time! I’m not going to give up, it’s the principle involved! It’s very upsetting because I’ve done nothing wrong ! Wish I would just get my item back and we could just close this 😓

Message 5 of 5
latest reply