cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How did you meet your spouse/significant other?

I've always loved to hear stories about how people met. Want to share your story?
Message 1 of 1,529
latest reply
1,528 REPLIES 1,528

Re: How did you meet your spouse/significant other?

Kewl, bods. Had you met him before?
Message 181 of 1,529
latest reply

I met my wonderful husband right on the internet. I lived in Michigan and he was here in Ohio. We met on AOL, chatted 2 times, went out that weekend. Got engaged the following weekend, I moved here to Ohio. We got married 5 1/2 years ago and now together we have 5 children. I had 2, he had 1 and now we have 2 together and are trying to adopt his cousin since his fathers death.
Whew...I seem to be long-winded tonight.
Denise
Message 182 of 1,529
latest reply

johnnycooks
Thrill-Seeker
Knew each other in grade school, dated and broke my heart in high school. Ten years later after Houston for me and Delaware for her I run into her looking for my sister in Dallas. Another twelve years of living together and moving halfway across the country before we married in a lovely green shaded glade in the northwestern hills of Connecticut. Memorable and beautiful. Wedding song was "My Funny Valentine".

Welcome to The FauxNewsRense.com Square where Mindless Conspiracy is Our Only Bidness!!
Message 183 of 1,529
latest reply

wheezerdog
Rockstar
Here johnnycooks,
Let me see if I can help.....

<</b>img src=http://www.boomspeed.com/johnnycooks/okra.jpg
Message 184 of 1,529
latest reply

wheezerdog
Rockstar
Well, not very well.....

<</b>img src=http://www.boomspeed.com/johnnycooks/okra.jpg
Message 185 of 1,529
latest reply

judysden@yahoo.com
Enthusiast
At my girlfriend's sister's wedding. He was her cousin. My best friend met his other brother there too and we married 4 years later with 6 weeks between our weddings.
Message 186 of 1,529
latest reply

sliders*
Thrill-Seeker
We met in high school in a math class in the mid '70s. I was in 10th grade and he was in 11th. It was advanced algebra & trig. Me being a sophomore and just overwhelmed in hs(our school system was 10-12 for hs), I was very quiet and the brainy type. He was a smart butt in class and always joking around. I sat in front and when papers had to be passed forward, I would just shake my head at his work shown.

As time passed, I started watching him closer and found he didn't follow the crowds, which impressed/intrigued me and he stayed by himself in the smoking pen(yes, back in the '70s, we were allowed to smoke on campus). By 2nd semester, we were going steady-okay old saying from the '70s-lol

Let's see, we broke up a few times, but still ended up married back in '80 and almost 22 years later, still together, except now we are both smart butts-lol What keeps us going is that we are both individuals and loner types that never followed the crowd even thou I'm more outgoing/vocal with others.

Our biggest argument is my books vs his cds and my need for "more" shirts-lol

As a footnote and joke between us, he beat me on the final exam by a few points, but I won the award in the math class. In the next year of math, we both took the same class, but due to scheduling, we weren't in the same hr.

Sliders*
Message 187 of 1,529
latest reply

I met my fella on an Internet BBS. I'm in Canada and he was in Arizona. Now we're both in Canada, and we're very, very happy together. We believe that we truly are soulmates, and are meant to be together. 🙂
Message 188 of 1,529
latest reply

Thanks for all the birthday wishes, folks!! I had a good day with my folks. Got someone that I am talking to over the phone that I got fixed up with over the holiday, so keep your fingers crossed for me!!
Message 189 of 1,529
latest reply

glaskatx2
Trailblazer
Hi PN2B, missed you. Keep an eye on duskrider for me thanks.
Message 190 of 1,529
latest reply

kit89
Trailblazer
Nice to see you again, Glas ... hope things are going well!
Message 191 of 1,529
latest reply

Hi, 2kat! Sorry I missed you. This is the only Saturday I have to work all year. Special project going on.

It's nice to see you and duskrider. I've seen her on a few times recently.

Has CeeGee gotten a posting ID yet?

Ya gotta drop in more often! Heading to bed. It's already Sunday here. Yikes.
Message 192 of 1,529
latest reply

magnoliacats
Thrill-Seeker
bump - love these stories!
Message 193 of 1,529
latest reply

glaskatx2
Trailblazer
got your mail,
Message 194 of 1,529
latest reply

candynlarry
Enthusiast
I just love a great love story, infact all love stories are great! Love makes the world go around-who said that? Must have been a women..I met my husband on a blind date, 1st date. He was still in high school, I was a city girl, (hint: Steelers are our football team) and he was a farm boy. I hated the smell of a barn and he loved it, give me the smell of a city anytime. We were very different..he went into the service and I wrote him..Four years later he came home , went to the big city and we had date #2. Six months later he came home, and we got married.. We been married for 36 years, and I feel Blessed every moment
Message 195 of 1,529
latest reply