cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How did you meet your spouse/significant other?

I've always loved to hear stories about how people met. Want to share your story?
Message 1 of 1,529
latest reply
1,528 REPLIES 1,528

Re: How did you meet your spouse/significant other?

Night, 2kat. See you tomorrow.
Message 106 of 1,529
latest reply

mysticalhippie
Enthusiast
I met my husband in a very strange place. I had just hitch hiked from New York and landed in a small town in California...I couldn't find a job (that I wanted) so I hooked up with the local carnival. On my first day there I walked into the barn to see this long haired guy sanding a truck to prepare it for a new paint job. He was covered from head to toe in red dust. The minute I saw him I knew in my mind this was the man I was going to marry!! 16 years and 2 sons later he still has the long hair but the red dust is just a sweet memory we will pass on to our grandkids 🙂
Message 107 of 1,529
latest reply

olsweetie
Thrill-Seeker
It's wonderful when you just know, huh! Nice story! I can't believe you Hitchhiked all the way out here! Were you ever afraid?
Message 108 of 1,529
latest reply

mysticalhippie
Enthusiast
olsweetie...no I don't remember ever being afraid of hitch hiking... maybe a ill bit nerves that I would get stuck some place in the middle of no where.. which did happen a few times LOL I spent almost 10 years out on the road. Loved every minute of it too. Met some really great people along the way. After meeting my husband I dragged him back to New York where we lived until 2 years ago. I don't think we will ever put down any permanent roots down anywhere as long as we are together and my family is happy, all is good no matter where we are 🙂
Message 109 of 1,529
latest reply

olsweetie
Thrill-Seeker
That's really nice, mystical! I myself find it exhilarating to move to a new place, or a new house, as life would have it!
Message 110 of 1,529
latest reply

I met mine at a Christmas party 31 years ago in Dec. I was 12, he was 13. We'll be celebrating 24 years in Jan. Everyone said it would never work...
Message 111 of 1,529
latest reply

wheezerdog
Rockstar
O.K...... We met at work.

My wife Jake and I were both married eight years to our other spouses. We were both extremely unhappy in our marriages and things just weren't working out, so we decided to fall in love.
That was twenty seven years ago and we both still work at the same place. She is the Senior Purchasing Agent and I produce all the working drawings in Engineering.

Our ex's stated we deserved each other and we tend to agree......
Message 112 of 1,529
latest reply

Met my significent other in the Great keystone state of Pennslyvania around 1986. A fellow Marine brought her in a box. She was about six weeks old and flea infested. She used to sit in my in-basket during the day and watch me work.

The years have gone by and she is much bigger. Been de-clawed since, had a litter of her own and ruled the house every since.

Met my wife pretty much the same way.

-Pat-

Message 113 of 1,529
latest reply

wheezerdog
Rockstar
Gee, I sure would like to hear Laura's version of all this.....!
Message 114 of 1,529
latest reply

Hi, 2kat,

The red-headed step-child has arrived safely. I wanted to thank you and Cee Gee for the beautiful addition to the family! You knew that I would just love it, didn't you? I have never even seen one shaped quite like it.

I will probably adorn it with some of my favorite pansies and place it just outside the bay window of my breakfast area, so I can enjoy it every morning. (Hee hee, yeah, I do love ribbons, too, but probably won't put any on it!)

I am honored to add it to my collection. Thanks, again, for thinking of me!

P.S. When I saw what was written on the side of the box, I thought it said, "Fragile 'Potty'" not, "Fragile 'Pottery'".
Message 115 of 1,529
latest reply

glaskatx2
Trailblazer
Good evening PN2B
I am glad to hear that the poor little orphan reached her new home. I know she was a little broken up when she left, but I know deep down it was best for her. Had she stayed here I'm sure someone would have messed over her. But now she is under a loving hand, I feel no amount of soil will hurt her shapely figure.

Oh BTW her given name is tattooed to her bottom.
I hope you get as much fun from it as I did just imaging the thoughts that must have went through
you better half's mind when that came home with you. Glad you can put it to use. And you are very welcome.
PS I was going to write FRAGILE POTTY but was out voted by one vote cast by a new voter (Cee Gee)
TAKE CARE NOW Bee Gee
Message 116 of 1,529
latest reply

tony27
Enthusiast
I was driving down a boulevard and saw mine working in a convenience store. Made a U-turn and introduced myself. This was 8 years ago and have been married for 7 years. We have combined 4 children from previous marriages and have one puppy together. Have never had an argument in 8 years.
Message 117 of 1,529
latest reply

Okay. I'm never going to eat again.
At least until I have room for dessert.
Message 118 of 1,529
latest reply

wheezerdog
Rockstar
Did you "Hog" out? Did you eat more than three Tacos? Do you still have the feedbag on?
Message 119 of 1,529
latest reply

Only three (small ones).
Message 120 of 1,529
latest reply