Selling
Looking for something new to sell? Find out how to sell and connect with other members for advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ASK ME ABOUT: Product Research (formerly known as Terapeak)

Hello Everyone, We're thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new interactive series, which is set to take the place of our former "Monthly Chat with eBay Staff" program. This series is designed to bring you closer to the heart of eBay's operati...

Selling small volume of goods - question on Cost of Goods and what I need to keep track of for taxes

I am a retired individual and am slowly selling items I have around the house to cut down on a lifetime of stuff. I am not sure what I need to keep track of to help offset any earned income. I get that if I were to pick up an item to resell, I should...

why is ebay adding the sales tax to the seller's income from sale. Sellers never receive sales tax

I couldn't believe my eyes, but apparently Ebay is charging the seller to include the sales tax to the amount received, we don't receive any sales tax from customers, and when they get their 12% which already way too high, but this is downright theft...

Let Me Get This Straight..

Ebay will not allow me to sell an Americana salt and pepper shaker set from the 1950s that shows a black man and woman dressed in an Aunt Jemima outfit, BUT WILL allow all types of Nazi memorabilia and coins? Ebay's excuse is the salt an pepper shake...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 37 replies
  • 3 helpful

Getting Scammed By A Buyer

I'm currently dealing with a problematic buyer who is trying to pull a fast one. I had a brand new PS2 game for sale, and it was factory sealed. Before she purchased it, she asked me for photos of all sides of the case; she wanted to make sure there ...

Resolved! How to respond to scam buyer

I made a sale yesterday and "for fun" I always look up the address to see where my item is going. This time the mailing address was flagged all over the Ebay Forum and Reddit as a scam - the old "I never got my item" routine. So I cancelled the sale ...

Buyer says Boyfriend is going to destroy contents of package when it arrives and wants refund

THIS has got to be the most insane message after a sale and with an item not yet delivered. Buyers messages “ I need to get a refund. My boyfriend said he is not going to give me the item when it is delivered and said he is going to destroy it or put...

Resolved! Ebay fees took all my profit

Bought a book for 25¢ thinking it would be easy profit. Listed it for $2 (700% more than what I paid for it). And ended up with 54¢ net profit after everything. I ended up losing money, from the label, ink, tape, a bubble mailer, and my labor. Ebay a...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 52 replies
  • 6 helpful

Item condition

I need to list an item as used. Its an aftershave that has some missing from bottle but in the conditions field, I dont have that option. Anyway to fix this?

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

New All-Time Low-No Replies Needed

I have reached a new all-time low, one sale in the past 14 days, I know the cheerleaders are going to say it's my fault, my inventory, my this, my that, BLAH BLAH BLAH, & to those I say you are Very Wrong!, This has become a pitiful place to try & co...

User avatar by Guide
  • 227 replies
  • 33 helpful

Resolved! Ebay sent cockroaches and Spiders to people..

this was a while back, ebay was found guilty of sending cockroaches and spiders to people( who I assume had held there feet to the fire). anyway fyi, this is the kinda people yer dealing with..

Most Marked as Helpful Authors