cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item wrongly removed re: hazardous materials policy

For the first time, EBay removed an item of mine claiming it violated the hazardous materials policy. It was a vintage bubble lights ornament like this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/335193576795?hash=item4e0b18155b:g:OtYAAOSwk79llXXu&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA8L... 
I understand the policy but Hallmark ornaments like mine are not actual bubble lights - they're just miniature non-working versions to look like they are. Many of the Hallmark bubble lights ornaments continue to be sold (guessing their sales are fast enough to bypass the EBay policy enforcers' discovery), and even though I won't be relisting mine, does anyone know if this is a strike against my seller status that I don't know about? I can't find any "defect" in my status and don't see it affecting my VERO. Thank you so much if you can help~

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@recycleyourself 

So long as you don't attempt to re-list the item on eBay, you should be all right.

Normally, eBay will notify you of any penalties lodged against an account.  

So -- no notification means no penalty.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@recycleyourself 

So long as you don't attempt to re-list the item on eBay, you should be all right.

Normally, eBay will notify you of any penalties lodged against an account.  

So -- no notification means no penalty.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

great point, thank you so much!!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

It probably was pulled because you used the word vintage...when it was not a vintage item.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Same thing happened to me. They removed my hallmark ornament (the same one). I had many watchers. Wish I could repost it but don't want to get in trouble.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

y account is temporarily suspended due to a false allegation that a product I am listing is hazardous.  The product is called "nitric acid substitute"   According to the SDS there is no nitric acid in the product and it is clearly called SUBSTITUTE.  It is made of a non-hazardous substance listed as a food additive on the CFR as  § 172.170 Sodium nitrate.

How do I get someone to listen to me and admit Ebay made a mistake and reinstate my account.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply