eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Happy Kwanza

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

cold symptoms are gone, but still FEEL WEAK. any suggestions?

hello. i hope everyone is fine.

i'm still recovering from a cold (not flu,
said the doctor) with the coughing and
sore throat finally gone.

but now i feel so weak.

could you, nice people, suggest anything?

i need to go back to work this monday.

thanks in advance.

liveshopdie
Community Member

in reply to whatisthis!
Rest and frequent light meals, plenty of fluids, fruit, oatmeal, whatever you can manage to give you strength.
Community Member

in reply to whatisthis!
Drink lots of flavored "Gatorade". It brings back the potassium that your body has lost and that you need for energy. Works all the time for me. Good Luck!
Community Member

in reply to whatisthis!
Rest, rest, rest. Stay in bed and let your body recover. Stay warm.

Even if your appetite is low, eat frequent small amounts to build strength.

Lots of fluids, as stated above. (I agree Gatorade is great.)
Community Member

in reply to whatisthis!
My daughter and DH STILL have that dry hacking cough.

Chocolate milk is supposed to be a good replenisher. You are dehydrated. Get some soups into you, too.
Community Member

in reply to whatisthis!
a bit better today but still weak.
okay, will rest as much as I can.
fluids, yes.

gatorade? that's a surprise suggestion
but will try that today.

thanks. you people are wonderful!
liveshopdie
Community Member

in reply to whatisthis!
Call me cynical and suspicious, but I wouldn't bother with Gatorade; I'd stick to herbal teas, lemon water, juice, etc.
liveshopdie
Community Member

in reply to whatisthis!
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_ingredients_in_gatorade
Community Member

Re: cold symptoms are gone, but still FEEL WEAK. any suggestions?

in reply to whatisthis!
Not to offend anyone..But I would think the last thing someone would need when they are feeling puny (ill) is to load up on sugars (which has been proven to weaken the immune system.
Community Member

in reply to whatisthis!
Right. Avoid sugars. Sugar is actual a poison. If you think you need potassium, eat a banana. You get some fluid, potassium, fiber, and other nutrients without the cane sugar.

Also, to boost your immune system, load up on Vitamin C. It's especially beneficial when you have any illness. But you really should be taking it everyday. We just don't get enough of it in our regular diet.

And as stated above, you are probably dehydrated. Most people are daily and don't know it. Even mild dehydration will leave you weak and fatigued. I know it sounds like an old cliche, but chicken noodle soup is really one of the best foods to eat when you're sick. It's very liquid, contains numerous vitamins and minerals, and its warmth is soothing to a sore throat and sick belly.

Hope you feel better soon.

Photobucket
Birth of a Butterfly
Community Member

in reply to whatisthis!
A couple of other ideas for you (or for anyone recovering from an illness): As soon as you wake up, shower and get dressed. It makes a world of difference in how you feel. If you get up and then immediately lay around on the couch in your PJs, you'll continue to feel bad. If you shower and get ready for the day, you'll feel so much better all day long.

And the sooner you get back to some normal activity, the quicker your body will snap back. I'm not saying go out and jog the 3 miles you usually jog. But instead of lying around feeling bad, take your mind off how bad you feel by making your bed, doing some housework, taking the dog for a short walk, sitting on the porch in the fresh air, or some sort of small activity. It will wake up your body and give it the go-ahead to snap out of it.

These are things that work for me. I'm hyperactive and I absolutely hate wasting time lying around being sick. When I'm really sick, I allow myself the necessary time to sleep and recover. But as soon as I'm able, I get back to my regular routine. The more active I am, the better I feel.

Photobucket
Birth of a Butterfly