eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member

hallmark help: Heavy 750 Italian chain

Hi,

I have a very nice gold chain with markings I can't identify. Any help would be appreciated.

The chain is stamped "750" so it's 18KT. It's also stamped with the standard Star, then "1410" and "VI". The VI stands for Vicenza, Italy. I can't find anywhere who the 1410 is registered to.

Finally, There are also two other stampings: A square with a diagonal line going from corner to corner. Then, the one side of the diagonal has two more lines going through. So, Three diagonal lines, starting in the center, going to the one side.

After that is a circle with rays emanating from it, like a sun.

Who is the designer?

Thanks so much for any help on this!
Please use plain text.
allopapallo
Community Member

Re: hallmark help: Heavy 750 Italian chain

in reply to snippets
In google I find the list of manufacturers in the province of Vicenza, and VI 1410 corresponds to: NICOLIS Ltd, jewelry and goldsmith.

I guess the other symbols you describe will be their own marks, which one is free to apply together with the official city & number code.

Daniel
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to snippets
Daniel,
Thanks so much for the information on the hallmark.

I looked everywhere on google but couldn't find the list of manufacturers for gold in Italy. I think I must not be phrasing it correctly or something. It would be great if you could post the link. I bet a lot of ebays would find it helpful.

Thanks,
Michele
Please use plain text.
allopapallo
Community Member

in reply to snippets
Their name came up googling "vincenza oro vi 1410" (http://www.orovicenza.it/RicercaEstesa.asp?idc=&L=N&pr=&mk=&N=&idd=94&pg=5)
"oro" means gold.
Anyway the large majority of these makers are simply honest high-quality small-to-medium-sized manufacturers that usually do not have a significant brand equity, so if the maker is firm A or firm B, it doesn't change the price you can fetch, and the general public does not know their names. Some are famous locally, few are famous nationally.

Daniel
Please use plain text.
macminion
Community Member

in reply to snippets
Please use plain text.
dream*peddler
Community Member

in reply to allopapallo

Similar to what allopapallo said,  just about anyone with a blow torch and a back room in Italy makes jewelry.  Most of it is very good quality, but there are literally thousands of small manufacturers of Italian gold jewelry, so don't get hung up on manufacturer.  Just know that you probably have a quality piece of 18kt jewelry.

Life is a beautiful struggle.
Please use plain text.
aaronahearn
Community Member

in reply to allopapallo

Looking for a 18VI, I know that it is from province of Vicenza, but can not find out what 18 is, can you help.

SSG Ahearn, Aaron M.

360-391-6506

Please use plain text.
allopapallo
Community Member

in reply to snippets

It's likely the manufacturer's trade ID. Please refer to the answers here above.

Daniel

Please use plain text.
aaronahearn
Community Member

in reply to snippets

i tried that but could find any that was listed as 18VI, was just hoping that someone could help, Thanks

Please use plain text.