eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Restricted account

Today, I learned that my account has been restricted by Ebay due to five cases that were closed by Ebay. Three of the five account that were closed by Ebay was due to my taking the advise from Ebay representatives to allow the buyer to open a case and that Ebay would rule in my favor. Well, that was not the case. Ebay ruled in the buyer favor and now I can no longer sell on Ebay. Any advise!

I sold an item, the buyer stated that it  was not as described and also stated that the original tag on the item was damaged, not the item. The buyer did not communicated with me, she filed the case, I agreed to accept the return after receiving the item. Ebay ruled in her favor and closed the case before I received the item.

Sold another item, not as described per the customer Ralph Lauren boots. Ebay representative suggested that I allow the buyer to to open a case. I communicated this info to the buyer and stated that I should allow Ebay to handle this case because the sale was final and Ebay ruled in their favor.( The sold again to someone the following week and they happy)

I do not understand why I am being restricted,.

Please offer any feedback. 

Thxs

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Restricted account

in reply to morganne04

Hmmm. Good thing you have that other account to buy and sell on. :womanwink:

---------------------------------------------------------
If you can keep your head while all about you are losing theirs, clearly you are not understanding the situation

(credit: author Jean Kerr)
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to morganne04

I really think Ebay did you and everyone else a favor. Your feedback would make most people back away. I don't think you will get sympathy or advice here. Looking at you stars you wouldn't listen anyway.

Take it up with ebay.

Please use plain text.
homecomforts
Community Member

in reply to pflummnuts

There is an appeal process. Read here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/suspended-accounts.html

***********************************************************************************************************************************************
eBay is not one size fits all. There is no shame in selling low end items nor glory in high end designers. Money is one color: green
************************************************************************************************************************************************
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to albertabrightalberta

albertabrightalberta wrote:

Hmmm. Good thing you have that other account to buy and sell on. :womanwink:

Oh, also, when you leave feedback, you want to make sure you're leaving feedback as the buyer if you "bought" the item. It's the first time I've seen a "buyer" call her "seller" as great customer!

*Sigh*

Thank you, Ebay. Sometimes you do the right thing.

If you can keep your head while all about you are losing theirs, clearly you are not understanding the situation

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to albertabrightalberta

Based on your 12 month fb almost 10% are negs or neutrals. That should tell you something. I'm sure that played a part in getting your account restricted. Most seem to be over very late shipping or not received.

Please use plain text.
rixstuff
Community Member

in reply to peek*a*boutique

Your listing says expedited shipping and delivery in 4-6 days.  I know ebay puts that on everybodys listings but I change it and say flat out that I have a 5 day handling time.   I usually ship the next day anyway but I set and expectation so it looks like it gets there sooner rather than later. I do run into those people who buy on Saturday night but expect it to arrive on Monday morning but again I can say it is in the mail heres the tracking.

Always always always respond to cases and provide the shipping info (even if the buyer can find that themselves).  Once it is in the PO there isnt much we can do to make it get there faster but keep the buyer informed of what is happening to their packages to the best of your knowledge.  If they say they havent gotten it yet provide the tracking number to show where it is.  Sometimes you can also send them a message and ask if they have it yet.

Also I saw alot of 99 cent items - those buyers tend to be far more trouble than they are worth and you dont really make enough money to bother.

How long are you suspended? 30 days? Forever?

Please use plain text.
anarific
Community Member

in reply to morganne04

You also have other violations on your listings -- for one, using stolen stock images is both against eBay policy and illegal and it is also against eBay policy to use stock images (regardless of ownership) for pre-owned items.

If you want to continue to sell here you need to familiarize yourself with copyright laws, identification of counterfeits, non-performing seller rules and seller rules in general. Otherwise eBay will continue to restrict your account(s) and you will continue to earn poor ratings and negatives from your buyers.

You don't have much recourse or defense when you don't follow the rules.

Please use plain text.
alli*kat
Community Member

in reply to anarific

Not to mention, possibility of shilling (see carlas0886).  Seems to be a favorite "buyer".  Seems like ebay may have made a good decision this time.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to alli*kat

Morganne, I was about ready to feel sorry for you until I viewed your feedback. 

Please use plain text.
thrifty*dog
Community Member

in reply to 417tbird

So busted, Morganne.   Yes, we know you are reading this.

"Life's hard. It's even harder if you're stupid" ~ John Wayne
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to thrifty*dog

I wonder whether the OP's problems are part of this cleanup:

http://www.examiner.com/article/ebay-blocks-15-000-sellers-from-listing?CID=examiner_alerts_article

Please use plain text.
sdwarehouse-us
Community Member

in reply to morganne04

Hello, 

I got this message this morning and I had 3 negative feedbacks from a "prisoner" (buyer) on eBay and he gave me bad feedback because he wasn't satisifed, but it was listed in the parts/not working category and he just wasn's satisfied, It was out of my control because even if I sold perfect and it was uploaded on time, shipped ahead of time, you can still not guarantee a 4 or 5 star, a buyer can still leave a negative feedback just because they feel like it, not very likely but still. my point is that the feedback was out of my control, and honestly he ended up opening 3 individual item not as described cases and he the buyer actually ended up closing 1 of the 3 cases because he realized I was right, but he said he gave me the benefit of the doubt, and then the other 2 cases were closed on my behalf as the seller and I was allowed to keep the payment, although I received negative feedback for all 3 transactions from the same buyer in 10 minutes. But then eBay limits me from 50 items or $5,000 per month down to 15 items or $1,500 and then they didn't really stress that I needed to improve my performance to standard. I mean common sense would say to but I had a lower self-confidence beacause they did that, obviously I wasn't a power seller, because if I was I would of been on here everyday selling. But I didn't have that much to sell this summer and I had a medical issue abruptively arise and I had to deal with that...so then today on Aug 5th just 3 short months after the selling limits were placed, they decided to restrict my selling limit on my selling side of my account, and that it was indefinate and that I would never be able to sell on ebay again, but I am really not a bad seller, please look at my feedback. I just had a few lower DSRs for a few times, and then  a month of not selling, and they never notified me before they made a managment decision on restricitng my selling account indefinately and they told me there was not an appeal process for this, and I don't want to go around the back of eBay, and open a new account, names, new address, email, etc, because that is fraud and not right. I want to clear up what there is on the account presently. Can anyone tell me how to go about it? I am speaking to a rep now and this is the 4th rep I have tried to talk to about an appeal and she finally is trying to let me do an appeal, but I do not know if that will work. I might have no choice but to go around eBay back and open a new account, but then their goes all my positive stars and feedback, and I am really a pretty good seller I would say and all of my transactions have been successful. I think that the lower DSR is due to the one guy with 3 negativetransactions in the month of April and then a few of the handling times I missed due to the memorial day holiday and 4th of july holiday so If I was given another chance I would increase my handling time to 3 days instead o 1 day because that is about how long it would take me to upload it, not just the 24 hour policy. 

Your account has been restricted indefinitely

Dear sdwarehouse-us,

We're writing to let you know that even though your selling performance has improved under the US seller performance standards program, it still has not met our standards; therefore, your selling account has been restricted. If you had any active listings prior to your restriction, they have been removed and your selling fees will be credited. If you recently sold an item they can be found in the sold section of your My eBay.

You can still get your messages in My eBay, and of course, complete any outstanding transactions with your buyers, but you won't be able to list any more items. This action doesn't affect your buying account. While this account is restricted, you're not permitted to sell on any other of your existing accounts.

Please complete any outstanding transactions with this account.
Please use plain text.
rixstuff
Community Member

in reply to sdwarehouse-us

A guy bought 3 dvds from my roomate and did the same thing - opened 3 different INR cases though they were shipped together and left 3 negs.  My roomie was able to show delivery and 2 came off right away (not sure why not all).  The third came off a month later when he got kicked off ebay.  He was scamming for free movies by claiming INR and getting refunds AND the dvd.  He milked the system by exploiting the practice we all complained about and once a scammer can get away with scamming freebies it is too tempting to not try to keep doing it.  Ebay doesnt help with this much either by giving the refunds just based on their say so.

Please use plain text.
cleannyc
Community Member

in reply to alli*kat

alli*kat wrote:

Not to mention, possibility of shilling (see carlas0886).  Seems to be a favorite "buyer".  Seems like ebay may have made a good decision this time.

And both in Georgia, how convenient.

Morganne this is a business latform to most of us, your shipping weeks late, sending items that are not up to par and shill bidding your own items makes us all look bad. The people you screw in your transactions don't want to shop on Ebay anymore if they aren't long time users. That's bad for business. Clean up your act and make a try of it in an honest and respectful manner. That is constructive criticism, not being mean, if you want to do this then do it the right way.

Ocean Beach, Fire Island!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to cleannyc

sdwarehouse-us, as you see in the email you are not allowed to open another ID to get around the restrictions and stating on Ebays board is probably the worst idea ever. They know your ISP and all ISP that have ever logged into your account.

I am totally confused by your replies to that 3 neg buyer. WTH does being a possible prison inmate have to do with anything and why would you put that in fb? It makes you look bad, not your buyer.

I didn't look at your buyers fb history but if they leave a lot of negs it may qualify for removal under the bad buyer rule. Something you might want to look into.

Please use plain text.
lmang20
Community Member

in reply to morganne04

Here is some advice...send items out when they are sold. 

You didn't send those Miss Me Jeans out cause you didn't like the price you got did you?

You are a poor seller.  You should be banned.

Please use plain text.
worn-again-fashions
Community Member

in reply to lmang20

Stock photos for those used jeans, too.

Please use plain text.
thrifty*dog
Community Member

in reply to morganne04

Today, I learned that my account has been restricted by Ebay

Well, sometimes eBay does something right.  

"Life's hard. It's even harder if you're stupid" ~ John Wayne
Please use plain text.
lmang20
Community Member

in reply to morganne04

Stock photos for a USED item?  Priceless.

It's not a good idea for a NWT...but for a used item has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever seen.

Please use plain text.