Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Authorization charge?!

I bought a 231$ item and my card detected it as fraud and stopped the payment. Once I continued by, allowing the payment through text, the item was never purchased but the amount (231$) was taken.I contacted eBay and Apparently this is a authorizatio...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Unbelievable. Clothing item arrives WET!

Anyone ever had that happen?She wrapped the pants I bought still damp and put them in a Best Buy bag and some other wrapping over that. As well, there are three tears in the pants ruffles that were not disclosed in the listing. Opened a return, thoug...

Counterfeit items and trafficking together countries?

I am looking for some advice on what to do with a "cell phone" that was shipped by a seller to someone else and was ultimately determined by a tech at an official company to be a counterfeit. The problem is that the shipment came from South Korea and...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 23 replies
  • 1 helpful

Resolved! Double taxes (EU)

I'm located in EU and since 2021 buyers have to pay taxes for items shipped from non-EU countries, it's pretty clear. For me, eBay automatically apply VAT during checkout. My expectation is that I don't have to pay VAT at post office. However post of...

User avatar by Scout
  • 14 replies
  • 2 helpful

Seller reused Item number of item I bought

Bought an item and the seller has now reused the same item number to list another item and that listing says I bought the new item. The listing is for a completely different product and for a different price.My purchases page shows the correct item t...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 9 replies
  • 1 helpful

Appeal Denied

In late March, I was attempting to purchase Silent Hill 3 from seller After an initial return to sender, the seller claimed to have reshipped it to my adress. It is now April 30th and I have not seen my package. I had sent an appeal to eBay and they ...

eBay is becoming the best place for scam sellers

I have been buying on eBay for many years, but in the last 2 months alone I have lost over $200 due to fraudulent sellers. The last time the seller provided me with a tracking number for a package that was already on the way at the time of my order, ...

Defective EBay gift cards - missing redemption code

Purchased an EBay gift card and upon scratch-off the redemption code was removed. I did not “accidentally” scratch off anything. The instructions are to scratch the panel on the back. Period. If the redemption code scratches off, it’s a defective car...

ebay is officially complacent when it comes to bad sellers

Ebay is more supporting of bad sellers than they are of buyers....without BUYERS, there would be no SELLERS.Not only do they turn a blind eye to bad sellers, they provide zero support to correct the situation. I encourage EVERYONE that has had a bad ...

New website format a bombastic mess.

Frankly, I have no idea if this is an overall change. I had added an item to my Watchlist. This morning, I received an email offer. Until today, if I clicked on View item, I would be taken to that item. Today, I was bombarded with the equivalent of e...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors