cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Savonarola chair?

2EEB6896-263D-450F-9AAE-0477DEEB305D.jpegFDC0D933-0C00-4BD2-80E9-BFD0F3FF4EFB.jpegI would like to sell this chair but have no idea of it’s value. It could be a savonarola chair? Definitely an antique. The back flips over to become a tabletop and the seat appears to fold but I’m not sure how to do that and don’t want to damage it. Could someone help me please? TIA

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Savonarola chair?

The form of the base is definitely savonarola. This kind of tilt top was popular in the latter half of the 19th century. As for value, you first have to remember that antique furniture is selling for a fraction of what it used to be worth. People want Ikea. As someone with a houseful of antiques it baffles me, but it is what it is. Value is also very dependent on where you live (I'm presuming that you'll sell this local pickup only). Where I live I can see this bringing $300-$400. It's a lovely piece.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Savonarola chair?

The form of the base is definitely savonarola. This kind of tilt top was popular in the latter half of the 19th century. As for value, you first have to remember that antique furniture is selling for a fraction of what it used to be worth. People want Ikea. As someone with a houseful of antiques it baffles me, but it is what it is. Value is also very dependent on where you live (I'm presuming that you'll sell this local pickup only). Where I live I can see this bringing $300-$400. It's a lovely piece.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Savonarola chair?

Thank you so much for the great advice & info!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply