cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help identifying this Chinese statue

20230823_163742.jpg

Hello! I was hoping someone could help me identify this piece. I've seen similar ones that are made of ivory or resin (not sure what mine is made of), but none of them look quite like mine. It weighs about 2lbs 5oz and is unmarked. I've had this for years and would love to know if it's actually an antique. Thanks everyone for the help!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Sorry, not an antique. It's a modern resin reproduction. If it were ivory it would be carved, which would show more precise lines. It's obvious this piece was molded. The color is also wrong for ivory. While ivory can darken it would never be to the consistent darker color of this piece. It's a lovely piece, though, and certainly has decorative value.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Sorry, not an antique. It's a modern resin reproduction. If it were ivory it would be carved, which would show more precise lines. It's obvious this piece was molded. The color is also wrong for ivory. While ivory can darken it would never be to the consistent darker color of this piece. It's a lovely piece, though, and certainly has decorative value.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Darn, I knew it lol thanks so much for the help! I have a shelf of Asian decorative pieces in my kitchen (all modern stuff, nothing crazy), so I'll just leave it there. It is a pretty cool piece, regardless of value😊

Message 3 of 3
latest reply