cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

collectible Yemen antique solid silver belt and cuff

hello could someone help me identify this Yemen silver belt,I was told its about 200 years old, and it weighs 228 grams

and I also have silver solid cuff  that weighs about 220 grams, I'd like to know the value both pieces,I would greatly appreciate aand about half an inch thicknyone's help thank you.the belt is about 34 and a half inches long, and the cup is about three and a half inches in width and half an inch thick.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: collectible Yemen antique solid silver belt and cuff

Probably a silver alloy, as most of these are.  They're still making belts like this today; I seriously doubt yours is 200 years old.

Still, not cheap stuff.  Compare yours with this one

I am responsible for what I say. I am not responsible for what you hear.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

thank you for taking your time,I only paid $75 for both of them,I thought that was a pretty good deal.I love the workmanship. and thank you again.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

thank everyone for their input,but I had these pieces x-rayed today,and I am so happy I can do backflips.I think I'm going to put them up for sell on eBay,and the starting bid will be $850
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Just curious, why an x ray? does that help with finding out about silver content? TY

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

yes it tells you all about the table of metallurgy and what concentrations of table of elements your jewelry consist of and the percentage of the precious metals.are contained in your piece of jewelry.trust but verify.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thanks!! never heard of that!! i just use a stone and acid....

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

The method is called XRF for the short version.

energy dispersive X-ray fluorescence

Larger scarp dealers have gone to using  these devices.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is not contact eBay, it is a user to user system. i r a user.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Thanks!! I learn something new every day.... our friend on the board did well! 🙂

Message 9 of 9
latest reply