cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some one please tell me what is this and which type of antique.

I found this and i don't know about bottle and what is the price please some one tell me what is this and which type of antique.

Ancient Roman Quartz Stone Bottle (2).jpgAncient Roman Quartz Stone Bottle (1).jpg

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Some one please tell me what is this and which type of antique.

From the pictures it looks like a quartz crystal carved bottle. Please confirm that it has inclusions ( what looks like lines and cracks inside) because I am seeing some light reflections from the inside. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Sorry this is NOT an ancient Roman artifact, it is too clean and new. Probably cut and shaped in China or Jaipur in India where I have seen such "antiques" manufactured. Everyone is not gullible, cheers.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Also, Yeh khel khiladi nahi Hai.  Cheers.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

From my cell It first looked like the shape of a frog what kind of seams does it have? How is the top applied? Are there bubbles spin lines? How is the pontil. All play a role in the age of the item.
SGibson
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

From the pics it is too thick to be blown glass, therefore no pontil. It seems to be a quartz crystal vial, siome inclusions can be seen. Please view the gentleman's video, it basically says it all. Nicely carved but 99% sure it is not that old.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply