Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Purple trinket box

Any markings?
Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Purple trinket box

Wow!  Put it up for sale for 1,550 BIN and Best offer, see what happens..

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Purple trinket box

Only marking

But what is it ,
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Purple trinket box

Any help please,
Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Purple trinket box

Well, community,
I placed it on eBay in various guises, both here and abroad,
Nobody interested
Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Purple trinket box

When I first read about the buyer who wanted you to take it down immediately, it made me think of all the scammy emails I get whenever I put a listing on Craigslist.  I'll get messages to take my listing down right away, hold it for them, it's exactly what they wanted but they can't come get it so their agent will make arrangements for shipment. It's all a scam to get your money if they can get you to disclose your Paypal email address to receive payment.  Then they send you a phony Paypal email that tricks you into logging into Paypal from their link and steal your password from you when you try to log in.  It's pretty easy to wipe out your linked financial accounts from there.  If no one else on eBay was interested, is it possible that this was a scam too?  If he was so interested, why didn't he just buy it outright?  Just a few thoughts that occured to me....

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Purple trinket box

That is of course a good possibility
I've written off to the french porcelain society now in the hope of more info.
I think then it will be the auction rooms.
Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Purple trinket box

Let us know what they say. I'd love to know what you have as well.  Good luck!

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Purple trinket box

Are you a collector,
Do you have any indications have you seen anything else like it
Any info however small grateful for
Cheers
Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Purple trinket box

No, not a collector - just a seller who loves all things old & vintage.  I've not seen one like that. None of the trinket boxes I've come across have had a design on the inside of the lid or a stamp on the metal.  When you first made inquiry, I searched for seashell shaped hallmark and couldn't come up with anything so I haven't a clue.  (It is a seashell, right?)

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Purple trinket box

The shell mark on the lid , I have found that to be french 1700's gold mark for 14 c gold
So it has to be something to be rimmed in gold and not gilt
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Purple trinket box

Have a look at this picture
On the ladies dress on the right in the eye line of the little child is what I think a signature or mark as it is out of keeping with other things
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Purple trinket box

We have an update people ,

I have had it confirmed from the porcelain society
It is 17c Meissen
Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Purple trinket box

WOW, just had email from expertisim a website that sells good porcelain and they have just confirmed that it is meissen, early 18c
And a rare item, they are asking me to list it on their website for sale at between 4-6000 €
What to do, when I listed it on eBay the other day, it had a buy it now, but no takers
WHY is that
I was trying to let another person have it and still have enough for a profit, but sadly no takers
Probably put it on their site
Message 15 of 20
latest reply