cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Covered bubble glass bowl please help

I am not sure what this piece is . It is quite ornate with the bubble glass . No markings found very heavy. Not even sure what it is . Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Covered bubble glass bowl please help

HI I am not an expert or anything but this looks new to me like some kind of candy dish or just for decorating. You might all want to show the bottom of the item too it helps sometimes see how it's made. 

Myra
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Hello, I believe this is a new item. I have one very much like this from Burlington Coat Factory. Thanks, Nancy
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I just came across this and remembered you had been asking about yours.  This guy says it's a humidor.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Brass-Tobacco-Amber-Glass-Humidor-Jar-w-Lid-Hand-Blown-Art-Glass-Ant...

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Clear glass? A humidor? Uh...no.

I am responsible for what I say. I am not responsible for what you hear.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

There is no reason to think that a glass humidor is unlikely. A simple ebay or google search turns up many glass humidors that come with attached pipe rests & wording that clearly indicates its function as a humidor.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

-
I don't get a feeling for the true size from your photo, but assuming it's big enough... WAG... Somebody's take on the sort of elaborate fish bowl so beloved by the Victorians...?
-
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

what are the dimensions of this jar

HINC HVMILIBVS VENIA

HINC RETRIBVTO SVPERBIS

MISERICORDIAS DOMINI IN AETERNVM CANTABO AD MAJOREM DEI GLORIAM
Message 8 of 8
latest reply