cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silver Pendant ID please

Hi Guys,

i have a  pendant  800 silver and with mark stamped. anynone knows which language is it ? and which peroid of time or origin it belongs. Thank you

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Silver Pendant ID please

A sharper image of the lettering on the front might help to identify the language.

A wild first guess is that this is a medallion to commemorate the Year of the Dragon, but as I said I can't make out the numbers to see if there is a correlation.

The designs on the outlying bits look like the I Ching symbols.

Lea
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Thanks for Quick response Lea.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

The 800 metal purity designation would seem to indicate European origin. The alphabet might be Cyrillic. Maybe a piece from Eastern Europe somewhere?

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

It does not look like a Cyrillic alphabet to me, and I used to be able to write Russian.  Although I realize there are offshoots and variations, this doesn't have the right feel.

800 grade silver was also common in Indonesia, for instance, and possibly in other areas of Southeast Asia, which is where I would be looking.  Although I am not familiar with most of the scripts of the area, I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of them.  And I don't think you should ignore the Asian content of the pendant.

Lea
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Agree it does not look like Cyrillic. I lived in Moscow for a year. Likewise the style does not strike me as Russian.
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Thanks to all, here is  sharper image upper side of  the object  lettering, hopefully we will get some orientation.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

It is Erik van Hanussen 'German' Kult Amulett.
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Hanussen was deeply involved in the occult, that's true.  Would you by any chance have a reference for this specific pendant/amulet?

Lea
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Hi,
i do not have specific ref. Please Google Erik van Hanussen you will get something, articles, forum discussions, etc most of them in 'German' language. Good luck
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

This does not look particularly occult in nature, at least not to me. Maybe it is, but am not sure how this piece of jewelry connects at all. 

Oh, wait a minute... is it because of this very similar item? But the printed part of it is entirely different, although the design is the same?

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/112144-found-something-what-does-say.html

Called a  HANUSSEN DRACOMAGNET in this old sale listed on Worthpoint:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/hanussen-dracomagnet-sterling-silver-243042478

Fig

----------
Current avatar: Actress Myrna Loy.
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

And I accidentally deleted my own observation that the one in the original post here has Asian-looking lettering and may be a knockoff or created for the Asian market.

Here is a cute ad from 1995 for a similar one.

https://books.google.com/books?id=afIDAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA13&lpg=PA13&dq=Hanussen+Dracomagnet&source=bl&ot...

----------
Current avatar: Actress Myrna Loy.
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

It looks Tibetan to my eye.  Very nice.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I think this is from china; where did you get this?

Message 14 of 14
latest reply