cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with unsigned pieces

Posted in the other group but trying here as well.  🙂

Hello, all!  I recently received these pieces in an estate lot I bought.  The seller included the name of the makers with some of them, but I'm not sure I agree with what they are telling me.  If anyone could give their thoughts I would appreciate it!  

The first necklace they say is unsigned Regency.  The set below it they say is unsigned Hattie Carnegie.  The rivoli rhinestone earrings are labeled unsigned Schreiner.  The last pair of purple earrings are labeled unsigned Weiss.  I would love to know what everyone thinks (for or against what the seller says!)  Thank you so much and hope everyone had wonderful holidays!   IMG_2655.jpgIMG_2657.jpgIMG_2562.jpgIMG_2565.jpgIMG_2566.jpgIMG_2568.jpgIMG_2471.jpgIMG_2475.jpg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Help with unsigned pieces

The first necklace is definitely Regency.  I was going to say that before you said it was Regency.  Many of their items were sets and only one item was signed.  As for the others it is hard to tell because many signed pieces were made by the same manufacturer.  As is the case with Delizza and Elster. Hope this helps

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The fact is, that anyone can claim a piece of jewelry is an "unsigned" famous brand name.   I would be asking them HOW they verified that.  If they saw the same piece in a book or if the company can verify that, it's great. Otherwise, it's just their statement.  I see a lot of this.  Just recently saw several listings, naming all these brands of nice vintage jewelry.  NO pictures of the back, however, just their statement, that this was Juliana, this was Shreiner.  Couldn't even tell if the back had working parts and never did answer my request for pictures of the back.  

I question everything any more

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Appreciate the Regency verification - Thank you so much for the reply! 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Exactly what I was thinking.  I completely agree with you and didn't want to be 'that seller' who listed a piece as a specific designer and then couldn't back it up.  Thanks so much for the reply!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply