cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Building A Better Community" Board Now Open!

A post from Karen, the new Director of Community:

Hi all,

We’re reimagining the online Community experience at eBay and we can’t do this without you. Over the next several weeks we’ll post updates, questions and ideas right here  - in an effort to get your input on what you would like the new Community online experience to include.

To make sure we capture all of your ideas, thoughts and comments over the next few weeks and beyond - you’ll notice a few new faces online. For example, alan@ebay is joining Griff, myself and the eBay Community team as our dedicated Community Manager. After over 3 years on the boards in Dublin, Ireland, Alan is joining us at eBay headquarters in San Jose, CA. Welcome alan@ebay!

At its core, eBay is a place to sell, buy, connect, and learn - but most importantly - eBay is a place to belong.  And, our online Community plays a big part in making that happen. Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts as we build the best Community experience together.

The eBay Community Team

Unfortunately, the only way to "find" this new board is through the main Community page and then the notice is only included in the "scrolling headlines info" at the top of the page.

Here is the link for quick access....share your thoughts and opinions, but, imo, it should be "Community" related and not about eBay problems in general...and FYI, for those who remember, bostongrammy posted!

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Building-A-Better-Online/Building-a-better-online-Community/m-p/2587944...

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 1 of 195
latest reply
194 REPLIES 194

Re: "Building A Better Community" Board Now Open!

"Oh what fun!"
"This is a great idea!"
"These are cool and exciting ranks!"
"The new Community's going to be awesome!"

Actually I was thinking about childhood rhymes like

"The cheese stands alone"
"Ashes to ashes we all fall down"
"Three blind mice ... See how they run"
"Baa baa black sheep"
"Georgie Porgie ran away"

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 121 of 195
latest reply

LOL, my thread on the Selling Board took a "Magic Carpet Ride ♪♫" to the Community Feedback Platform Board....not even a "moved thread" notice!

This ranking system is just plain 'ol silly imo ~ Take for instance kudos....as an example, if you don't use an adblocker, on the left hand side of the page once you click on a post, you will see "Top Kudoed Posts" showing a post with 39 kudos....which happens to be my post:

Image result for pat on the back laughing emo.gifHowever, my "post" was a quick, spur of the moment one liner as compared to the second place most kudoed post, which was insightful, on topic and belonged to our very own dorskinny!  Perhaps they need "categories" for the different ranks!

Message 122 of 195
latest reply

Moved to where "Threads go to die".

Hopefully, the response to the kudoing of ranks will be small enough for them to ditch this superficial and stupid "enhancement".

Disclaimer: Statements may contain satire and sarcasm and should be considered nothing more than an attempt at humor. Any useful information is purely coincidence.
Message 123 of 195
latest reply

@hidy-hoo wrote:

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

Here it comes!!! We are being "rewarded", just like we said we didn't want 😞

Notification Feed - The eBay Community - Waterfox 8172016 125136 PM.bmp.jpg

Why, yes, yes we are and it is official!  Posted this morning on the Building a Better Community Board:

ranking structure.PNG

The list of ranking names are kinda, well rank.  You can cast your vote here:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Building-A-Better-Online/Your-vote-is-required/m-p/26039665#U26039665

dibbs on "hot shot"  lol, hahahahaha...please tell me this isn't happening!

they have all the time in the world to dig this idea out from between the gold pucks,

but can't find where they misplaced the HTML button... but my glass is half full... yee-ha.

Message 124 of 195
latest reply

BD-- the HTML button and a few other features have fixes in the work and my educated guess is that we will see the fixes rolled out at the end of Oct when the new boards go live. So hang tight for another 4-6 weeks. 😞

Message 125 of 195
latest reply

@pskaudio wrote:

Moved to where "Threads go to die".

Hopefully, the response to the kudoing of ranks will be small enough for them to ditch this superficial and stupid "enhancement".

I just read a post that said the "required voting" is now up to a whopping 8 votes.  If this lack of response continues, and I hope it does, it should send a clear message to "the team" that this is an idea that never should have been implemented!  Anyone care to "vote" on if the team will do it anyway?  

Message 126 of 195
latest reply

@hidy-hoo wrote:

I just read a post that said the "required voting" is now up to a whopping 8 votes.  If this lack of response continues, and I hope it does, it should send a clear message to "the team" that this is an idea that never should have been implemented!  Anyone care to "vote" on if the team will do it anyway?  

It's not clear at the moment if they will or not. 29 hours since voting started and it is up to.....

11votes!

Disclaimer: Statements may contain satire and sarcasm and should be considered nothing more than an attempt at humor. Any useful information is purely coincidence.
Message 127 of 195
latest reply

Maybe they'll consider those eleven votes a rousing success.

Message 128 of 195
latest reply

It's 12 now....;.Smiley Indifferent

Message 129 of 195
latest reply

@savanna.dance wrote:
Maybe they'll consider those eleven votes a rousing success.

Probably not. Maybe the brain trust that came up with these ranks should add a few more. What am I saying? It must have taken several days and numerous meetings to decide on those.

Message 130 of 195
latest reply

What to expect ... Lithium is the company that came up with the bright idea to call the posters on the Best Buy forums, Twelpforce.

You can check out Lithium in action at Best Buy and Sephora. I'm praying they don't do here, what's being done at Sephora. It doesn't even look like a discussion forum. 😞

Message 131 of 195
latest reply

So shoot me.  I voted.  At least if they do this inane ranking of kudos, it will have rank titles I likeSmiley LOL    Come on now, wouldn't you rather be an ''Enthusiast' vs ' legend' or 'dynamo' or 'superstar'? 

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 132 of 195
latest reply

My feeling is this is happening whether we coterie not. It depends on whether you want to shrug when you're can eBay peewee and say "I didn't vote, don't look at me" or say, "well I voted, but pain in the donkeys rump didn't make the cut."

I'm a voter by nature, I vote on all national, state and local elections, drag myself to run offs and the odd years out. So, I'm itching to vote ... or maybe that's hives!

Message 133 of 195
latest reply

@shirleys809304 wrote:

So shoot me.  I voted.  At least if they do this inane ranking of kudos, it will have rank titles I likeSmiley LOL    Come on now, wouldn't you rather be an ''Enthusiast' vs ' legend' or 'dynamo' or 'superstar'? 

Kudos for letting us know!

Message 134 of 195
latest reply

@savanna.dance wrote:
My feeling is this is happening whether we coterie not. It depends on whether you want to shrug when you're can eBay peewee and say "I didn't vote, don't look at me" or say, "well I voted, but pain in the donkeys rump didn't make the cut."

I'm a voter by nature, I vote on all national, state and local elections, drag myself to run offs and the odd years out. So, I'm itching to vote ... or maybe that's hives!

Savanna ~ Since this is most likely a foregone conclusion, I will learn to live with those silly names, and the even sillier "reasons" for the rankings, but I won't lend my approval by voting for any of them......wait.....unless you can convince them to include "peewee", as that might change my mind!  laughing emo.gif

Message 135 of 195
latest reply