cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who got to see the eclipse today?

I did, sort of. It was still great. Used an arc welding mask, even though the news guy said don't. 

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

IMG_1394.JPG

IMG_1403.PNG

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 2 of 21
latest reply

We were too far away up here for any dramatic change, things got a little dimmer,

but not more than a cloudy day. I did watch the news and it looked amazing for those

in the path of the Dark Side.

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Nice thread, dougle...thanks!

Great pictures, Love...thanks for posting them!

Like BD's experience, it was no big woop where I was...85% coverage, but very little change in the daylight, but at least I can cross it off my **bleep**et list!

lol, bucket is spelled with a b and not an f

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 4 of 21
latest reply

I don't remember where anyone is at. I'm in southern Wisconsin, so we had about 85% and it looked really neat, but no, it did not go dark here.

Those are cool pics, but I don't know your name loveyourimagination49. That's way too long to type on here all the time. And where are you at? And the pics are great but is there no eclipse by you? But it looks like those were through some kind of filter?
Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Hi hidy hoo!
Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Hi, doigle heart  I am in the Sacramento area of No. Calif.  I didn't have glasses, so I think that makes a big difference.  I tried to order them about 2 weeks ago on the "other" site, but you had to buy pricey multiples and I didn't wanna and I hate to say it but I was afraid to buy them hereSmiley Sad

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Yes, they were scalping em like they were Stones tickets or something. With the arc welding hoods I felt fine staring at it. Yeah I looked at ordering some over there as well, so glad I didn't cave. We had clouds but some nice breaks and daughters and grandson were here so it was fun. But I ended up keeping the grandson overnight tonight. He's a handful.
Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Where I live, the eclipse was called, on account of rain.

Does that mean that tomorrow we'll have a double-header?
Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Now that would be freaky! But I would be up for it.
Message 10 of 21
latest reply

I don't know if you remember me or not. I was lovethose49ers. Everyone just calls me love.
We had 89% here in SW OH.
I just took those pics with my iPhone. I didn't change anything, or use anything.
I'll get the glasses in 2024 when we have 100% totality. 😎

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

2024? 100% in Ohio? Yes! I might be around to see that. Maybe we should order glasses early this time. Really early, they must be on deep discount now! Hey buy zillions and sell on eBay next eclipses. No, no, I'm supposed to thin out my hoard. You do it.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

IMG_1404.PNG

I'm going order straight from NASA 😂

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

I slept thru it although it probably wasnt much here in so cal

Nice to see some original content on this board

I go away and everyone gets lazy bumping old stuff whats up

lol just kidding with ya

bump away

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Sorry I missed your thread yesterday.  That's what happens when I come in here to post tunes and then run away.  I posted my experience in the Jukebox thread.  DH got a few nice pictures; a couple of awesome ones of the tree foliage shadow on the sidewalk.  The lighted areas between the leaf shadows were in the shape of a crescent.  Made a unique design.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 15 of 21
latest reply