cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who got to see the eclipse today?

I did, sort of. It was still great. Used an arc welding mask, even though the news guy said don't. 

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Who got to see the eclipse today?

That sounds amazing!
Message 16 of 21
latest reply

My house is 20 minutes south of where NASA set up in Carbondale, IL... I live in Jonesboro.  Dead center of the path of totality.  Stood out in my driveway and watched in awe.  Then I went inside and watched as friends of mine posted clips from the "Moonstock" festival which was about half an hour from my house.  Ozzy Osbourne singing Bark At The Moon during the totality part of the eclipse was sort of surreal....

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

Here are some images of tree foliage shadows with crescent design......some aren't too good, but you get the idea.  DH's pics came out really good, but I can't get to them.

https://www.google.com/search?q=solar+total+eclipse+leaf+shadow+images&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa...

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 18 of 21
latest reply

Moonstock!? Why wasn't I informed? I have to go look this up now. I'm so out of touch with anything cool anymore. Gotta fix that.

And Jonesboro, as in Arkansas? I just had a crew of those Jonesborons staying here for a week. We had a good time. My daughter's boyfriend's family. They live on Culberhouse Rd. They were cold here, but they also like Ozzy. They didn't tell me about this moonstock either.

Okay, just went to the Google, found out there is also a Jonesboro in Illinois.  So I learned my thing for the day. Good night.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

And those are some really neat pics. I see what you mean by the dappled eclipses on the sidewalk though. Even though we weren't near totality, I really enjoyed the little glimpses we had when it peeked through the clouds. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Message 20 of 21
latest reply

Yep, I live in Jonesboro, IL, which is about 20 minutes south of Carbondale and 10 minutes south of Makanda. NASA actually had a team in both places. Carbondale was apparently a madhouse that day. SIU's Saluki Stadium (football stadium) holds 17,000 people and it was sold out for people watching the eclipse. Why people would pay to sit in the stadium when you can park in a huge parking lot that's about 200 yards away that holds probably 15,000 cars for free is beyond me, but they apparently did. Most likely out of towners who didn't know any better, LOL.
Message 21 of 21
latest reply