cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHAT IS EBAY DOING TO THE SELLERS ?

EBAY IS NO LONGER A SAFE PLACE TO SELL AFTER 15+ YEARS

THERE IS NO MORE SELLER PROTECTION - NOW A PLACE FOR SCAMMERS AND FRAUD.

Your guidelines for seller status, store rating, feedback and listing specifics have become overly difficult.  Ex: You've rated me on an item as 'not received' however; the tracking shows it did deliver! Do you even check tracking? I have to refund a customer who may have actually taken delivery but, not told me?  Will EBay Remove that from my rating status?

Ex: I'm rated on delivery time too - the post office doesn't even scan packages anymore it until it's at a large distribution center if at all so there's no way to maintain ‘fast’ unless someone buys it early in the day, (your rating the carriers not the sellers)  I race to the post office and ship it overnight!  Oh and, EBay suggests I ship for free!  My "budget" doesn't allow that luxury.  You're attracting fraud and scammers by allowing buyers a say with their feedback but not the sellers.  Where's the Seller Protection?

Ex: One customer said 'not as described' - But It Was – my listing was very specific! How about removing that from my 'rating' because the Buyer Ordered the Wrong Part?

The majority of the items I sell require that they be tested before shipping – if it’s a computer system or parts - these often require overnight testing.  I won't get my store discount for so many reasons beyond my control, and there's no longer any recourse or support, no consideration for seller individual needs.

Ex:  EBay says I need to update pictures -nearly all of them, why?  If there is a picture and I'm willing to provide information? After listing, these items are packaged and, or stored - it's not a possibility to go through, unwrap, photo and add to so many listings!

The pictures are no longer good enough?  It's not a photography class. And what happened to the sellers being able to give negative or neutral feedback? This would put a clamp on those buyers trying to scam us.

Ex: The classifications you want for listings are so often incorrect.  I've been in business for 40+ years and know what I'm selling and your 'suggestions' are not helpful at all but I keep getting the message to update listings. This is causing sellers so much stress, worry and aggravation and it's just not fair to those relying on the income!    

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: WHAT IS EBAY DOING TO THE SELLERS ?

I see you have already posted a version of this this rant under another name.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/A-Part-time-eBay-Sellers-Group/Ebay-Hurting-Sellers-Big-Time/m-p/244409...

And that by your last paragraph here, you do do want suggestions.  What do you want?

If all you want to is rant, there are several other posts labeled "ebay sucks" you can join in on.  But judging from your posts....I suspect there is more to it than ebay just picking on a good seller. 

This is a forum where you come for help and advice. If you don't want either, it's all really pointless.   Nobody here actually works for ebay. Your rant falls on deaf ears except other posters that have already heard it a 1,000 times before....

Sorry to sound harsh.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

FYI:  I don't sell on any other name than nrs1.  My post was in fact similar to my partner's - similar issues, etc.  As you noted, we posted in the wrong section... have since separately contacted ebay to resolve issues.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Similar to the point of cut and paste question.gif

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I have not seen a more accurate discription of the "ills" of

eBay. Just like the sickest of thoose in health eBay is

curently in the trows of marketplace ICU. They better get

a better Board Of Directors and a better line up of officers

quick or we are going to loose the patient! Just like a medical

patient "Doctor heal thy self Never Works!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Funny that I ran across your message. I just recently, Tuesday in fact, stopped selling anything on Ebay. My reasoning is because I have lost too much money on shipping, lowering my prices, changing from auction to sell until sold, going to FexEx to send off packages, shipping being more than what I accounted for and having soak up the extra cost, not to mention all of my time it takes to take photos of the item, measure, crop and show all angles, that it is no longer worth my time and effort to pay someone else to "advertise" for me. Ebay still gets paid, and continues to get paid reguardless if my item sells or not. I just find it easier to stop then to continue to put time and effort towards a possible sale. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I ran across this post by accident and I just want to say to you that I second what you have said. It is hard work and time consuming and still you have people scamming you. I sent pair of shoe to a buyer who wore it and send it back to me. EBay gave them back their money and charge me to for the return postage. I am sure these people are still out there trying to scam others.There is no one to support sellers, I could not  believe that that could happen.  Thank you for your post.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply